+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Re: Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I missed the last 15 minutes, is he going to see someone to help him with this anger, otherwise - as Dr Phil said we are going to read about this family being killed. I think the parents wanted to be his friend, not his parents!! that is half the problem. The names he calls his mother, my son would have had a slap around the head for anything close to that!!
    Yes, Dr. Phil is sending him to this state-of-the-art medical facility to have extensive testing done on him to see if something is indeed wrong with him medically.

Dr. Phil said to him, "will you go" and he said "100% I will go"!

So that is good.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Yes, Dr. Phil is sending him to this state-of-the-art medical facility to have extensive testing done on him to see if something is indeed wrong with him medically.

Dr. Phil said to him, "will you go" and he said "100% I will go"!

So that is good.
    Thanks! good to know
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What really got me was, at the end of the show (I think), Dr. Phil said, "You have a wonderful family", to the parents and all I could think of is "NO THEY DON'T!! WHY DID HE SAY THAT??"

If I brought something like that into the world, I think I might feel very commited to taking him out. I would not live with that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am glad the guns are locked up, but why in the world knowing how the son is, would the parents even keep a gun in the home? Yes I know they have a right too, but this is one time where the guns should be removed, no matter what they are used for.
    Debb70 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I like Dr Phil and try to watch it when I am around (which isn't often). My only problem is that there are WAY too many commercials, especially during the last half hour. You barely start getting into the heart of the matter and it's a commercial every 5 minutes. Bleh.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I am glad the guns are locked up, but why in the world knowing how the son is, would the parents even keep a gun in the home? Yes I know they have a right too, but this is one time where the guns should be removed, no matter what they are used for.
    I agree100%! get them out of them. If that kid had threatened to***shoot them in the head** the guns should go, and so should the son!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I like Dr Phil and try to watch it when I am around (which isn't often). My only problem is that there are WAY too many commercials, especially during the last half hour. You barely start getting into the heart of the matter and it's a commercial every 5 minutes. Bleh.
    That's exactly why I quit watching! It's like one long commercial with a few minutes of Dr Phil in between.
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    That's exactly why I quit watching! It's like one long commercial with a few minutes of Dr Phil in between.

Commercial time can be sold in 5 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec. and 1 minute duration but 15 and 30 are the most common as they are easiest to slot in. Most shows use the 30 sec ones. Shows of a 30 minute duration have 22 minutes of show and 8 minutes of commercials. Take into consideration that, between shows, on the half hour, there are about 4 minutes of commercials and station breaks, allow 2 minutes per show time at each end so that leaves 6 minutes per half hour for commercials per half hour episode within the show. Those 6 minutes are usually cut up into 3 "2 minute" breaks or a combo. In every hour, in other words, there is 44 minutes of actual show time.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 01-18-2013 at 09:16 AM.

I would be willing to bet there is less airtime than that on Dr. Phil lol. Seriously, next time you watch it, when the last 30 minutes start, pay attention to just how often they cut away to commercials. It's a lot, and way more than a 30 minute show, which normally cuts away two times for commercials. Once in the middle, and once at the very end after the show has basically wrapped up. Some shows give us a little banter for a few minutes after the second set. I haven't counted Dr. Phil's but I am guessing it cuts away 3-4 times in that last 30 minutes. Anyway - for a show like Dr. Phil's, it becomes annoying because it doesn't let him delve into the subject appropriately. JMHO
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Commercial time can be sold in 5 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec. and 1 minute duration but 15 and 30 are the most common as they are easiest to slot in. Most shows use the 30 sec ones. Shows of a 30 minute duration have 22 minutes of show and 8 minutes of commercials. Take into consideration that, between shows, on the half hour, there are about 4 minutes of commercials and station breaks, allow 2 minutes per show time at each end so that leaves 6 minutes per half hour for commercials per half hour episode within the show. Those 6 minutes are usually cut up into 3 "2 minute" breaks or a combo. In every hour, in other words, there is 44 minutes of actual show time.
    I don't see any difference in his show, compared to say Anderson's or The View

I don't watch it all the time, but there are times when this show fascinates me.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread