+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Dr. Phil

Really? Wow, I'm impressed. Almost worth tracking it down just to see rational discussion.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yeah, i'm bummed i missed it.

our CW station re-aired this episode so i finally got to watch it. wow. lots of stuff to process. but did anyone else notice the woman on the "con" side? through most of the show, she refused to sit facing anyone on the 'other side'. because the other two guys sitting next to her were turned facing the other side, the fact that she WASN'T was even more obvious. and when the supporters of gay marriage were talking, that woman continued to look away. what a stuck up snob!

I hate to say it but a lot of people on the con side treat gay people and supporters of gay marriage as waaaaaaay less than human. I can come off looking really straight. My friend has some stereotypical gay traits. It is what it is. We were not served at an eatery because he was too gay and it made the other patrons uncomfortable. Might as well have a gays only entrance in some communities or gays only drinking fountain. I watched the Dr. Phil show but I had a hard time watching it because some of these issues go well beyond marriage and well into equal rights.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3487164;
    I hate to say it but a lot of people on the con side treat gay people and supporters of gay marriage as waaaaaaay less than human...
    isn't that the truth ...
    i have some unbelievably hateful emails from someone who claims to be a christian.

Anybody catch today's show about mind control/brainwashing? I only saw a few minutes when they were talking about the House of Yahweh. For some reason, this topic fascinates me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never understood how people get caught up in mess like that but then again, I've never had much of a need to be a joiner.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3490002 View Post
    I've never understood how people get caught up in mess like that but then again, I've never had much of a need to be a joiner.
    Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated -- it could never happen to me so I need to know how other people get sucked in.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A need for acceptance and approval?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3490052 View Post
    A need for acceptance and approval?
    I'm sure Dr Phil would have explained it all to me if I had seen more of the show. Alas, I can only take about 15 minutes of him at a sitting.

+ Reply to Thread