+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

I really enjoy watching Dr. Phil. He's one smart man, and his in-your-face delivery of common sense is what some people need to get it to sink in. It's sad, but seemingly true. Some folks just don't get why their life is so awful. When he can turn their view inwards at themselves and allow them to see that they're the ones controling the buttons of life, well that's a good thing.

I like the Family in Crisis II series with Chris and Stacey. I would like to smother Stacey with a pillow! That woman is so easy to hate! I wish her hubby would just run away. Now, SHE'S Satan! I also was able to lose 15 pounds on Dr. Phil's weight loss challenge diet. It's nothing drastic; just sensible eating tips. It helped me plan my meals and count calories. Everything in moderation, that's my belief. And it worked!

Dr. Phil was on Larry King last night, and it was perfect timing, as far as my family was concerned. My stomach has been in knots after hearing about the horrible beheading incident in Iraq, and my 14-year-old daughter was very upset and concerned about it, but I was at a complete loss at what to tell her. (Parenting is the hardest job in the world.) Dr. Phil sat with Larry King and discussed helping parents explain things like this to their kids. He helped the viewers understand their feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, etc., and made me, for one, able to deal with my emotions a lot better. I'm very grateful for Dr. Phil and that interview.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If you all haven't seen the show yet today, it's worth watching. Marty is the babysitter and it's cute. Let's discuss it later tonight, okay?
    I guess him screaming in some people's faces might work. Not mine. Nobody screams in my face since I got big enough to stop that abuse.

The potty training episode was pretty good. I liked the idea of having your kid's idol call on the phone and tell him to use the potty. (The kid got a call from someone pretending to be Thomas the Tank Engine.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Oh that sounds cute! I didn't see that. Of course our kid's idols are all dinosaurs and I don'tr know how that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    The potty training episode was pretty good. I liked the idea of having your kid's idol call on the phone and tell him to use the potty. (The kid got a call from someone pretending to be Thomas the Tank Engine.)
    I saw that, that idea is definitely inspired.
    My youngest gets pretty excited when she sees him on TV () - maybe I should write in to the show and ask Dr. Phil to call her when I start trying to potty train her next year.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't see why that wouldn't work. What else does he have to do the other 23 hours of his day?

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I like Dr. Phil. Sometimes he can be annoying but most of the time i think he's right on.
    I like the family in crisis part. Tonight should be a good one...Little miss Alex in the Cayman Island while Grandpa watches the baby.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I'm so frustrated! I want to shake Alex! The teenaged MOM who knows everything ...... Argh!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

FireStrorm I couldn't agree with you more. It seems to me that the discussion of weight has gotten way out of hand. As much information as we have available it seems redundant for every last talk show host to need to preach it. We all know what we need to do. Probably half are like me I KNOW what to do, just don't always do it.

I watch when the two families are on, and sometimes when the weight loss people are on, but that's about it.

+ Reply to Thread