+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Re: Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3198376;
    They started dating around 1973, when Robin was 20. That makes her closer to 55.
    Thanks for the correction.

55? No way does she look even close to that age without having had something done. Not even good genes could be used as a good excuse. Still, she is lovely.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You'd be amazed what good genetics can do for a person. Between good genetics and caring for your skin the way you should, wonders can occur.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Apparently Robin is a twin. I'd like to see how wrinkle-free her brother is before admitting she just has good genes. It looks to me like she's had work done around the neck and there's no way she hasn't had her eyes lifted. I've actively disliked Robin since Phil invited her onstage during one show and she berated a mom (who had two nasty, foul-mouthed sons) for her parenting skills. In spite of that...hey, they've got the money for her to keep herself looking youthful, good on her. I'd do the same thing.

His show happens to come on before Y&R, otherwise I don't think I'd be watching anymore. Phil's been plugging his new book all week to the point that when I saw a display of it in the bookstore, I wanted kick it down.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Was it near Barbara Walter's book? Double kick!! Roundhouse kick!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3197240;
    Wonder why this thread went over a year with no replies? No one cares about Phil? (LOL)

Yeah, you can tell by looking at Robin's face that she has done more than lots of expensive makeup. But still, lots of expensive makeup. She seems to be a nice, sweet person and a good mother, though. But I suspect she is too submissive in her marriage. I know, none of my business. :biggrin:
    She doesn't seem too submissive to me and Phil is always saying things about her being the boss. She sits in the audience everyday because she gets paid for it. It's her job and I'm sure that she gets quite a bit of money for it too. I would love to have a job like that!

FORT Fanatic

AJane - why were you bothered that robyn chewed out the "bad" mom? i would think that would be a good wake up call...but did not see the show.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3201541;
    AJane - why were you bothered that robyn chewed out the "bad" mom? i would think that would be a good wake up call...but did not see the show.
    To be honest, I thought they were way too hard on the mom. Her sons were older teens and were putting their hands on their mom and cussing her out. Mom did her share of screaming and arguing, no doubt about it, but Robin's sanctimonious lecture set my teeth on edge. She sniffled and went on about how she never spoke to her kids that way and how she felt that it was a privilege to mother such a wonderful pair of boys, etc., etc. First of all, the woman has no business counselling people - she's not a psychologist. My husband has worked in the transportation industry for years, that doesn't mean I can jump behind the wheel of a tractor/trailer. Second, I don't see how the mom was helped by listening to another woman with such a self-congratulatory, self-righteous attitude.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on an anti-Robin rant. I disapprove of her involvement with the show to the extent it's gone to in the past couple of seasons. I don't care if she parks her skinny behind in a seat for every show, but I'm not aware of any credentials she has that would enable her to speak to the guests as a counsellor/therapist. I think it does a disservice to the entire premise of a show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

At the supermarket today I saw a tabloid headline to the effect that Dr. Phil stole millions from Oprah...not my line unfortunately or I'd be abel to tell you all why on earth Oprah would let him get his hands on any of her money.... I swear I see Dr. Phil on a tabloid headline at least every other week....NOT a good image for a therapist whom one would like to think has his act together. I guess it is a measure of his star power though, if they think his name on the cover associated with anything, will sell papers.
    (P.S,. No, I don't believe what I read in the Star or NE! Well, maybe the NE about sex... they seem to do a good job on that one at times...vide John Edwards)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3201580;
    To be honest, I thought they were way too hard on the mom. Her sons were older teens and were putting their hands on their mom and cussing her out. Mom did her share of screaming and arguing, no doubt about it, but Robin's sanctimonious lecture set my teeth on edge. She sniffled and went on about how she never spoke to her kids that way and how she felt that it was a privilege to mother such a wonderful pair of boys, etc., etc. First of all, the woman has no business counselling people - she's not a psychologist. My husband has worked in the transportation industry for years, that doesn't mean I can jump behind the wheel of a tractor/trailer. Second, I don't see how the mom was helped by listening to another woman with such a self-congratulatory, self-righteous attitude.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on an anti-Robin rant. I disapprove of her involvement with the show to the extent it's gone to in the past couple of seasons. I don't care if she parks her skinny behind in a seat for every show, but I'm not aware of any credentials she has that would enable her to speak to the guests as a counsellor/therapist. I think it does a disservice to the entire premise of a show.

Funny, I rarely tune into this show, but I saw the episode you are talking about and was thinking the exact same thing. I really hate how Robin (and Dr. Pill, oops, Dr Phil) set themselves out to be the standard of how everyone else should be. Well, *I* never did x, y, z, therefore, neither should anyone else. Who died and left them the king and queen of morality? Just because your spouse (not yourself, hello) is a therapist doesn't mean you get to wag your finger and tell people what's what. Even a good therapist will refrain from judging and just try and help. Everyone knows that, if a patient feels they are being judged by their therapist, they will not open up and be honest...

This show makes a mockery of real therapy and real therapists, in my opinion. When Dr. Phil was on Oprah, he was a no-holds-barred therapist. On his own show, he and his wife are the moral police who berate others for not keeping up with the McGraws. I especially dislike Robin because she seems to only interject and say, 'Oh, I would never do that. I never get mad or say anything offensive to anyone. I'm perfect. You should be just like me.'

Life can be intensely hard at times and no one, NO ONE is perfect, or reacts in the best possible way 100% of the time. I firmly believe that people who try and make themselves out to be *perfect* are the ones with the biggest issues.

And as for the plastic surgery, ohh yeah, Robin has definitely had a LOT of work done. It is pretty obvious - her lips and nasolabial folds have had fillers (too much!) and her teeth have been worked on extensively. She is also very botoxed. I'm sure she's had other stuff done, too, but I don't have as good of an eye for those things as for the injectables (I get injectables, I'm not saying it makes her a bad person, I have no problem with it, but she clearly has had that work done).

The show has suffocating mothers on today. I feel so sorry for the children, although I do think that the mother that turned her 9 year old son loose on NY's subway was pushing it. I think he's just a bit young, but everything worked out OK.

How are your kids supposed to learn that they are somewhat competent if you never teach them that they are? Our children take their cues from us.

+ Reply to Thread