+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Re: Dr. Phil

Jennifer is in the house in Virginia with the kids, but Dr. Phil's staff is apparently helping her look for new housing - don't know if you saw the family's house, but they're obviously upper-upper-middle-class and I assume their business has gone to the dogs since the show. Jeffrey is being held without bail in the county jail for breaching the restraining order, and Jennifer is definitely going through with the divorce.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

No, I saw that. I will be interested to see how much she has grown from this experience. How she has adjusted to a "normal" life and how her children have adapted. When someone overcomes a traumatic situation they usually reflect and give some insight. It's apparent he has serious mental issues but I'm sure she has a few of her own. I am in no way blaming her. What were her early warning signs? Many times in these situations what can be thought of as caring becomes controlling, like Susan on Oprah. The person becomes just as sick as the abuser. I guess I just like to hear that there is an inspiring story after such destruction to the human spirit; rather then hearing their tragic story for entertainment purposes.

There's supposed to be a follow-up show, and I'm anxious to see it as well. I hope she gets psychological help, and plenty of it (not to mention her kids).

I suspect she has also moved on to another relationship. There was a few hints of it during the show and where there's smoke... I don't mean that as an accusation, in fact I don't blame her - her marriage was probably over for her a long time before she went to a lawyer.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yikes, I caught these two shows and he's about the sickest guy I've ever seen. I'm actually glad he pushed the law so far he got locked up, but you guys are right, she's going to be looking over her shoulder the rest of his life, because one day he'll be out again. The kids definitely need therpy after being subjected to this nonsense for years, and I worry about them the most.

AJane, I also wondered about the wife and the other men who are contacting her. I don't blame her either for seeking a man who is 'normal,' but I felt the pictures taken at the concert or wherever she was, then posted on someone's myspace was pretty flagrant. I mean, sheesh, don't rub her husband's face in it. I think she said the man was someone she had known for five minutes or something? I'm not buying it. I've never had a familiar picture taken like that with a stranger I've just met. Jeffrey has most likely driven her to it, but I think she could be more discrete about it, particularly with his radical tendencies.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I honestly expect for someone, if not multiple people, to end up dead from this situation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

It's funny. Just last week i got curious about this show and decided to look on the website(in retrospect, it was after i got the newsletter), i wanted an update on Brad and Michele( the guy sleeping with her former best friend and even having a child with her). I reckon the latter had the child to further latch onto him and the former didn't want to divorce him so that 'the other one would get him'. I am no martyr for the cause so....
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie

About the episode with Jeffrey and Jen -- That guy gave me the creeps BIG time! You're right...this entire family needs therapy. I worry about the son who seemed to be so aware of some of the crazy things going on (the GPS in her car, etc). There's no way he should grow up thinking this is normal behavior.

well I watched the shows too....some really weird things all around...but what really got me was I spent several hours reading all the posts on the shows message board and I mean the people are fired up BIG TIME over this story.....on both sides...Jennifer and Jeffrey's....
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What also bugged me about the Jen and Jeffrey drama is how Jen seemed to not take this situation as seriously as she should. I know she'd say that she was worried, but why would you put pics on the internet that you know he checks? It was like she was trying to increase her drama, or at least fuel it. I didn't get her. You don't antagonize a whack job, and then cry about it...if you are serious.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree, shay. I don't think Jennifer fully realizes that although his obsession is with her, it's not the same as love and that Jeffrey is truly a physical danger to her. Maybe she "gets" it now - I hope so. When you're attempting to divorce an abusive spouse, the best thing to do is to keep your head down until it's over, and put as much space as possible between yourself and your soon-to-be-ex. I can't understand why she continues to take his phone calls, either. She should be changing her phone numbers and email accounts as well as moving - I would also be putting my kids in a new school.

Any responsible lawyer would be advising her to do all these things. I sincerely hope they are not putting this woman and her kids in danger to enhance the drama of their situation for ratings.

+ Reply to Thread