+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

FORT Fanatic
    boy, does this guy know to "pump out the books"

FORT Fanatic
    Robin's face?

I was talking with a friend and they thought she had some plastic surgery around th eyes. I said I just thought she wears lot and lots of makeup. But then I saw her on the "early show" and think she enjoys botox too much.

A female poster may have better perspective. She doesn't seem to have one wrinkle.
    Last edited by jman79; 12-14-2005 at 09:35 AM.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    Robin's face?

I was talking with a friend and they thought she had some plastic surgery around th eyes. I said I just thought she wears lot and lots of makeup. But then I saw her on the "early show" and think she enjoys botox too much.

A female poster may have better perspective. She doesn't seem to have one wrinkle.
    I have no clue about the botox because I try not to look directly at her (or the sun) but the one time I did (by accident I assure you) I remember crows feet. IF these really were there (and not just my imagination trying to lessen the damage to my psyche) and they are noy gone I guess she did get some work done.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    I have no clue about the botox because I try not to look directly at her (or the sun) but the one time I did (by accident I assure you) I remember crows feet. IF these really were there (and not just my imagination trying to lessen the damage to my psyche) and they are noy gone I guess she did get some work done.
    oh my god. that was too funny.

FORT Fanatic
    i watch dr phil off and on, but he is another one i am going to turn off. I like watching people makes fools of themsleves on tv, but I really can't stand having his whole family take part in the show. esepcially, robin. She bugs me for some reason.

Was Dr Phil, Oprah's doc or adviser(?) when the whole hamburger thing happened in texas. Is that how we was discovered?

And let's see how long Jay's marriage will last(sigh)

yeah jmany.. Dr Phil was Oprah's jury advisor, apparently he was making quite a good living at it before O came along.
    I like Phil's no nonsense approach, I hate his holier than thou attitude and like you, it really irks me that his whole family has face time on the show. I can see behind the scenes nepotism but front and center and in our face? Um no thanks.
    Maybe at my next meeting I'll have my husband address the board and chair the meeting.. Dr. Phil lets Robin do it, why can't I??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    i watch dr phil off and on, but he is another one i am going to turn off. I like watching people makes fools of themsleves on tv, but I really can't stand having his whole family take part in the show. esepcially, robin. She bugs me for some reason.

Here, here. I agree with every word you said. I actually like watching the show on most days-but I gotta tell ya...when I flip the channel and I see Robin, for God knows what reason (?) sitting up there or his son's jibber jabber, I change the channel faster than you can blink.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos View Post
    Here, here. I agree with every word you said. I actually like watching the show on most days-but I gotta tell ya...when I flip the channel and I see Robin, for God knows what reason (?) sitting up there or his son's jibber jabber, I change the channel faster than you can blink.
    Yes. My mom is nuts and has a bs in social work so does that mean I could be a counsellor too?

FORT Fanatic
    the thing is i like the show, because people come across as such idiots for going on and I feel so much better about myself after watching. But that Robin, boy she needs to go away. And Jay doesn't have a degree, but he has a best seller. no fair. It does amaze me that people will buy anything good ol Phil puts out. Relationship books, he said he was not good at marriage the first several years(he's a divorcee) Diet books(he truly is no slim chicken) He must be cashing in big time. I just wish he would stop the book sales, and the family thing, and just torture guests.

I really liked last season with the kid mikai(sp) boy, that one was a real trainwreck. I really don't think going on dr phil 3 times is too smart. I would be embarrassed to go to the grocery store, if I was the mom.

I also liked the mom who has anger issues, and wants to hurt people when she is driving, and screams at her kids like crazy. And is now wondering why her daughter is starting to have a "bad" temper She also wanted to hurt the people who wrote she was a "bad" mom on the message boards.

And yesterday was classic, the woman only slept with 40 men NOT 27. Hmmm.. I say their is shock value involved saying that on national tv. Springer doesn't look so bad afterall.

He seems to bring back the guests, that produce excellent ratings

Don't people have therapist where they live? Eveyone likes his tell "it like it is approach" yet, it exploits every person he has on. But I do enjoy it though

My grandmother thinks he's god, and LOVES Robin

But he has Oprah's seal of approval. If Oprah says it's "good" it must be.
    Last edited by jman79; 12-20-2005 at 11:07 AM.

I just wish he would stop the book sales, and the family thing, and just torture guests.
    Amen to that. I used to watch Jerry Springer forr a quick pick me up but that got way too idiotic.

+ Reply to Thread