+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Office

The Office

I didn't see a thread for this.
    Does anyone here watch this show? It's on BBC & it is hilarious.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I've seen it a few times, but not recently.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Think there's a thread about it somewhere else.... but I'm a fan of the show, I really love it & it's the only series I've actually bought the dvds for! However, in People magazine a couple of weeks ago there was an interview with Rick Gervais & he said they won't be doing a third season because they don't want to end up "boring & repetitive" I guess...basically "quit while they're ahead" kind of thing...

Hopefully that's not true! I want many more seasons of the Office! =/
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Well that's a bummer! I told my husband about the DVD's the other day & he was all about it! I don't catch this show as frequently as I'd like, so the DVD's would be perfect! I have Tivo, I should set it up to record it, duh!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I've heard about "The Office", but haven't ever caught it. I changed my cable package and now I don't get the BBC, which really, really irritates me (I loved BBC).

I think I heard about it because I'm a huge fan of Reno 911 and in a couple of sites online, people have referenced The Office actors/actresses to those on Reno 911. Is this true?
    If it is true...I must get the DVD's then.

What type of show is it? I'm very curious now...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

It's a comedy, but it's shot documentary-style, & no annoying laugh track. It's a dry, subtle type of humor. I don't know about the Reno 911 comparison...I can see some similarities, but I think The Office is much funnier. JMO.

I didn't like Reno 911 really, not sure if I saw anyone from "the Office" BUT I only saw 1 or 2 episodes, so I wouldnt know lol.

It's "british humor", it's dry but very funny! If you get BBC America, try catching it one time, they run re-runs of both seasons all the time. It's addicting, I recommend seeing a couple of episodes because I think it's one of these series you have to "get used to" (although I think I was hooked from episode one lol...:-))
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Dex
    I've watched a few episodes before, but sometimes I just cannot catch their British humour
    I like David Brent though, and how he thinks he's real funny and popular when he actually isn't
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

I tried to get a thread started on this a while back. If the avatar hasn't already given it away, I love, love, love that show!
    It reminds me of Spinal Tap or Waiting For Guffman with their wry, character-driven plots.
    I hear someone's putting together an American version. I'll be surprised if it works, though. Ricky Gervais makes the show.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I tried to get a thread started on this a while back. If the avatar hasn't already given it away, I love, love, love that show!
    It reminds me of Spinal Tap or Waiting For Guffman with their wry, character-driven plots.
    I hear someone's putting together an American version. I'll be surprised if it works, though. Ricky Gervais makes the show.
    I just rented season 1 of this show last night and I was laughing my behind off! It's very subtle humor,but that's what I like about it,American shows are so punch-liney...

You are right,candor, there is no way they can do an American version of this successfully for so many reason. For one,there is noone who can replace Ricky Gervais! Two,there are a lot of things that happen which are so not PC and you know how fickle and PC the American audience can be. (Ricky Gervais tells the secretary that he has testicular cancer and points at his crotch repeatedly,etc.)

I loved Tim! His faces cracked me up...without saying a word,he had me in stitches...and Ricky Gervais is so good in this role,it's hard to imagine that he isn't like that in his real life..he's so creepy and slimey,and the fact that he thinks he's funny is just.....hysterical

I love this show, I am gonna get season 2 tonight!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast