+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Office

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    That's the problem with British comedy, though. Most American audiences wouldn't get the British humor, but if they Americanize it, it loses most of the humor. The same thing happened to "Coupling". Great British comedy, but they Americanized it and it tanked after just two episodes.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    That's the problem with British comedy, though. Most American audiences wouldn't get the British humor
    Really? Except for Benny Hill, I think British humor translates wonderfully. The Office was brilliant and not much different from what Christopher Guest does with his mockumentaries.
    Ab Fab and Fawlty Towers were popular here. Monty Python movies were huge hits in the U.S.
    I agree, though, that they absolutely should not make an Americanized version of The Office. Because whoever thought up the stupid idea is likely to be just as stupid in execution and completely miss what's funny about the show.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I don't get the BBC channel, which is just awful, because I love British comedy and British drama. But, I've got the DVD's on my Blockbuster queue list, so I hop to get them soon.

Favorites have been those other have mentioned above, but also "Fawlty Towers," "Are You Being Served," "To the Manor Born," and The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perry for comedy and "EastEnders for soap fare." Unfortunately, I've never seen "Coronation Street."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234