+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alias Finale - 05/23 - "Resurrection"

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I missed it because of graduation stuff too. Wah!! Two evil monks, here I come...
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

I was not impressed with this finale. I thought it had too many storylines that it hurried through, with very little suspense. I did not think the cliffhanger left me caring that much. I love this show, but the ending did not leave me thinking, "I can't wait 7 more months." It is starting to get too confusing with backtracking and loose story lines. Ditto on the banning of the Misson Impossible masks. Come on! Be more creative than that! If they had that abilities, wouldn't they have been doing that more than wigs, etc?

No, very weak and unfulfilling finale.

I hate that we have to wait 7 months to find out about Sloan & Nadia, & what Sydney read. When Jack came in, the way he spoke sounded like he was going to kill her, but I know there's no way that will happen (at least I don't think he would).

I also hated the Lauren/Sydney rubber masks. It was too "Scooby Doo" for me. "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you pesky kids!"
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I also hated the Lauren/Sydney rubber masks. It was too "Scooby Doo" for me. "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you pesky kids!"
    Amen - I know this show is border line scifi - but come on!

And WHY was Sark captured, and put in jail - AGAIN??? That routine and means of getting information is getting quite old. They've done that - what three times now in a time line going from the end of season 2 to the end of season 3. Can we get more original than that please?

Yes, the too real face costumes were ridiculous, but that is my only beef. Slight beef though with punctured-lung Vaughn going all super-hero.

At first, I thought the finale was as weak as the rest of season 3 (and Alias is my favorite show period). But, it was nice how they did hint at everyone in her life potentially betraying her -- her sister (as in how did Lauren know Syd would be gone and she did run off with Sloane); her mother (since her mother's sister (sent earlier by her mother) stabbed Vaughn and was going to shoot Syd in the head); her greatest love Vaughn (but he ultimately didn't kill Lauren in cold-blood); and then her Dad.

I liked how her sister changed the equation when she was gaining lucidity BUT how does that mean she knows the answer to the complicated equation?

And, when the Rambaldi thing is put to rest, is it going to make the whole obsession by so many super-spies seem dumb?

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Great episode -- except for the rubber masks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234