+ Reply to Thread

Thread: March Checks Out of 'SVU'

March Checks Out of 'SVU'

From Zap2it.com:

March Checks Out of 'SVU'
    Tue, Dec 17, 2002 10:31 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The "Special Victims Unit" will soon need a new prosecutor.

Stephanie March, who's in her third season as Assistant DA Alexandra Cabot on "Law & Order: SVU," is leaving the series at the end of this season. The actress says she'd like to pursue other opportunities.

"['L&O' creator] Dick Wolf was one of the best employers I've ever had," March tells The Hollywood Reporter. "I loved working on the show, and I will miss it very much. It's just time to move on."

"SVU," the first spinoff of "Law & Order," is in its fourth season on NBC, where it consistently ranks in the Nielsen top 20. It follows a group of detectives who handle sex crimes and other difficult cases.

The show's casting agents are already searching for March's replacement, but Wolf is leaving the door open for her to return.

"I wish her the best in all her future endeavors, and we hope we haven't seen the last of her character," he says.

"Law & Order" is famous for its cast turnover; no actor has been with the series for its entire 13-season run. The cast of "SVU," however, has remained fairly stable thus far. Leads Christopher Meloni, Mariska Hargitay, Richard Belzer and Dann Florek have been with the show from the beginning.

March's other credits include "Death of a Salesman" on Broadway and the Chris Rock comedy "Head of State," due for release next spring.

3rd season? I had no idea... I swear this just started last year
    I grew to like her more and more, but I can't say I'll be devastated I when she leaves.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I liked her.
    It would be good if she could make the odd guest appearance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Originally posted by cali

I grew to like her more and more, but I can't say I'll be devastated I when she leaves.
    I agree completely
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

I liked her most out of all the "Law & Order" ADA's (that is on TV now). More power to her if she wants to pursue other options.

+ Reply to Thread