+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All caught up...

Drain my brain.

All caught up...

This may sound odd to some of you, but maybe a select few will understand where I'm coming from. Did you ever get that caught up in a show you actually felt you knew the people on the show; you sometimes tend to live in a fantasy and your waiting patiently for the week to go by so you can re-live it again? I'm so like this with a couple shows. I find myself drifting into their world; trying to forget reality.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abrslr
    This may sound odd to some of you, but maybe a select few will understand where I'm coming from. Did you ever get that caught up in a show you actually felt you knew the people on the show; you sometimes tend to live in a fantasy and your waiting patiently for the week to go by so you can re-live it again? I'm so like this with a couple shows. I find myself drifting into their world; trying to forget reality.
    I do!!! Boy do I get caught up in my reality tv people. No one can be as bad as I am...I'm sure of it! I even get these imaginary conversations going on in my head -- it causes insomnia sometimes. I guess it's my adult version of imaginary friends

(No one ever accused me of being sane.... )
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I do too. But only if the show's really good.

No...not yet....

FORT Newbie
    Almost, but not quite yet. I've torn myself back to reality before it happened

Actually, it's called dissociating (or disassociating, depending on whom you ask) and is pretty common when you're avoiding stress. I've done it often enough with Farscape.

I was that way about the first Big Brother. I felt so entangled with that bunch that I couldn't stand to miss an episode. We were doing a show in Tulsa and I wouldn't get out of the room till that show went off. My husband got a little irritated. I'd rush back to the motel from the show, watch BB and then I was fine to go out for dinner, whatever.

I totally understand! And I'm sure this sounds crazy but I've HAD dreams where I was trying to tell Vaughn that Lauren was the mole...it was wierd!

Quote Originally Posted by abrslr
    Yup. It was called Twin Peaks. Sometimes I still go there.......
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    I got very caught up in the charecters from the original Star Trek. Of course the show itself lasted less than three years but the charecters will live on for forever.

There are litterally tons of paperback books written that follow the exploits of the Enterprise and her crew in the years after the show was cancelled. Many were written by fans of the show (and even Bill Shatner) and really know the charecters and follow their very specific idiosyncracies and styles very, very closely.

When I read one of these books I picture the actual actors in my mind's eye as the charecters in the book are speaking.

Maybe Star Trek touches a special place because it takes place at a time when there is no racism or sexism, diseases dont kill, surgery is non-evasive etc. Its really paints a positive picture of life in the future and gives hope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast