+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th Heaven

Man, what'd he do to himself?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I watch this show off and on, even if the patter is sometimes irritating to me.

I'm wondering whether I'm alone in beginning to think that Happy probably has more intelligence than the twins. With mom and dad running around being busybody people putting out fires that their interventions seem to cause all too frequently, the young lads seem to have been left to raise themselves and its beginning to become glaringly obvious that they haven't been all that sucessful. I'm envisioning them continuing with the baby talk even as they are off to jr. high, assuming someone doesn't off them first.

Lucy used to be my favorite, now I wish she'd get her med dosage moderated even though I'm opposed to that practice in principle. If I was a neighbor I think I'd complain to the city about the number of residents that drift in and out of that inn. Do these people lack the capacity to just say no to anyone outside their actual family? Most people are taught that you can only bring in so many strays, you have to let the others fend for themselves.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Anyone catch last night's episode?

The whole show was about registering to vote and how important that is. I'm taking a wild guess that it had to do with the upcoming presidential election, in real life

The ''Blah, Blah , Blah'' parts were silly

So interesting the way they keep showing mary's husband Carlos and the baby, and not showing Mary. How long can they keep that up?! ...lol....

I thought the "blah blah's" were funny too...although they carried the joke a bit far.

I was also wondering about Carlos and baby, but no Mary. It seems kinda silly.

And it looks like the Kevin's brother will be back for next weeks' episode, shown in the previews as on the hunt for a date. That's how they always show him!

I thought the "blah blah's" were funny too...although they carried the joke a bit far.
    But isn't that how our children hear us when we lecture them. I think it was trying to tell parents that instead of lecturing kids at our level (with words that they don't understand) try talking to them on their level. Talk to them not at them. That's one lesson I've learned from teaching and nannying.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Not 7th Heaven, but sort of related:

It always bugged me how on Charlie Brown all the adults were never shown and anytime they supposedly talked, it was just "Wah wah wah wah wah wah". Only later (after I supposedly became said adult) did I figure out why. I don't have kids yet and am not planning to anytime soon, but one day I may have to deal with the "wah wah"s.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    I'm thrilled that both Matt and Simon are back on, although it's for only 6 or so episodes, right?
    According to TV guide, Matt and Simon are back for 11 episodes each. I also heard somewhere that Barry Watson (Matt) is going to direct some episodes that he doesn't act in.

Mary has no interest in returning because of her "busy movie career".
    Ashley Simpson (Cecilia) is not returning due to her music and MTV careers.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    But isn't that how our children hear us when we lecture them. I think it was trying to tell parents that instead of lecturing kids at our level (with words that they don't understand) try talking to them on their level. Talk to them not at them. That's one lesson I've learned from teaching and nannying.

I now look at lecturing my 13 year old in a whole, different light. I'm going on and on about something and I suddenly find myself wondering "is she only hearing blah blah blah..."

I did stop the lecture and started listening. This week only, though.

We've laughed for a long time about how we talk to the dogs and expect them to understand us. Our 'smart' one does recognize certain words - RIDE, FRISBEE, etc- but most of it is just blah, blah, blah. can't even get their names right. no matter which one you call or try to get do something, they both do it. D**n hard to get either one out the door without the other.

Last night's episode was sad. I only have one complaint. Martha Plimpton was supposed to be the "older woman" but I'm sorry but she didn't look any older than Martin. Tragic when the marines came to her door and Martin broke down in tears. I told my husband "That's what happens. If you have a relative in the military and you see a car pull into your driveway with military officials coming up to your door, it's usually bad news. They wouldn't come otherwise." So tragic. When she cried on Martin's shoulder and said "Why Him? Why did he have to die?" I sobbed like a baby. I lost my own father to cancer 15 years ago so I know how it feels. I know it's not the same thing but in a way it is.

+ Reply to Thread