+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite show that immediately got cancelled

Favorite show that immediately got cancelled

I remember a couple years ago I was a huge fan of Freaky Links. Also loved Freaks and Geeks. I can't believe both of them got cancelled so quickly. Don't think either one even made it through season one. I was so disappointed. TV execs are really good at killing the good shows. Anybody else have any they'd like to share?

Freaks and Geeks was a brilliant show. I absolutely loved it. I think it's time slot killed it. Nothing fares well on Saturday night.

Police Squad! (in color)
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

This is from a long time ago....and I recall liking the show but it could have been bad for all I know...It was called, When Things Were Rotton. ...it was a take off of Robin Hood. I just remember it being funny and watching it the 6 or so times it was on religiously.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Thieves on ABC, with John Stamos and Melissa George. Excellent show, kind of campy, cancelled after like 7 episodes, and replaced with pure crap.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The Fugitive (was on Friday nights with the darker haired older brother from "Wings").

When I first saw it promo'ed I thought to myself...didn't Harrison Ford put this whole mess to rest several years ago? But it was a really good drama, and I was bummed to see it go (although I never met another person who watched it so I wasn't surprised)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I watched the first few episodes of The Fugitive (with Tim Daly), but lost interest in it... But what I saw was pretty well-done.

MenInUniform
    Originally posted by John
    Thieves on ABC, with John Stamos and Melissa George. Excellent show, kind of campy, cancelled after like 7 episodes, and replaced with pure crap.
    I was looking forward to episode 10 of that show. I know someone that was in it. Yep, they had already taped up to 10 episodes and it was cancelled before they could show all of them. You know, I have a friend in Hong Kong and they got Thieves this year and got all the episodes. She taped the one that Brad Hawkins (the guy I know) was in and then cut all the episode except his part. LOL I would have kept it all.

The cancellation of Thieves is one reason I have a loathing of the ABC scheduling people. ABC puts shows on days and time slots that don't make sense for the target audience, and then axe them if they're not number one in their slot. I firmly believe that poor scheduling judgement is the main reason they're performing so poorly these days. It finally caught up with them, and they have nothing left that draws viewers, except for Alias, which itself is stuck in a crappy day/slot.

"my so called life."

had one great season and blammo, cancelled by abc. the bastards!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast