+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Favorite show that immediately got cancelled

has everyone forgotten about one of the greatest and funniest cartoon ever?

FAMILY GUY!!!

I hate FOX for cancelling this show. Can't believed they messed this one up...the legions of fans for this show is ridiculous.

At least they brought out the DVD...but I still hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    The Fugitive (was on Friday nights with the darker haired older brother from "Wings").

When I first saw it promo'ed I thought to myself...didn't Harrison Ford put this whole mess to rest several years ago? But it was a really good drama, and I was bummed to see it go (although I never met another person who watched it so I wasn't surprised)

Yeah, another network hatchet job. How do they allways kill the good shows and keep the crap.

i am still hostile about abc pulling "miracles" off the air. they never even gave that show a chance. it was on one week, then off for 2 weeks... that was an incredible show. i really wanted to see where they were going with everything.
    oh, and i will always miss twin peaks.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by rice_krispie

FAMILY GUY!!!

I hate FOX for cancelling this show. Can't believed they messed this one up...the legions of fans for this show is ridiculous.

I do enjoy Family Guy, mostly for Stewie. And Brian. Peter drives me insane with his stupidity, but I still love the randomness of the cartoon and all the great pop culture references. Yes, I have the DVDs.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Nearly Departed starring my one and only favorite Monty Python member Eric Idle as a dead ghost!!

Quote Originally Posted by rice_krispie

FAMILY GUY!!!

It's been great seeing family guy on the cartoon network.

What pissed me off most was FOX's yanking of "The American Embassy," which showed a lot of promise. I also liked "Thieves" and "The Fugitive."
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

Some hilarious and underappreciated and poorly scheduled shows:

Undeclared - Fox (WTF did they do to this show?)

Andy Richter Controls the Universe - Fox (First it was on, then it was cancelled, then it was on, then it was gone again, rumored to be "saved", yet we never saw it again, and it's not listed under the fall line-up at Fox....)

Hidden Hills - NBC, where did it go? It's still on the NBC site, but again not listed for the fall line-up.

Freaks and Geeks - yep, I'll ditto everyone on that show

The Single Guy - NBC, I looovved the best-friends/couple that hung out with the main character, short little red-headed guy and Ming Na Wen as his wife, THEY were hilarious

Grounded for Life - Fox, they changed the writers towards the end of it's reign on Fox, and then cancelled it, and then it got picked up by the WB, but it is sooo not the same.
    Fave lines from that show:
    Dad needs a new credit card. Sleezy brother tries to help him get one by calling up "Canadian Express"
    SB: "What name do you want on it?"
    Dad: "What do you mean what name do I want on it? My own!"
    SB: talks into phone and then turns to brother, "No, you can't have that one."

Another episode where SB is storing a big box in his brother's (main dad's) house:
    Dad: "Is that dangerous?"
    SB: "No"
    Dad takes box, tries to shake it, SB grabs it quickly and says, "Heyyyy...don't shake it like that."
    Dad: "Well is it illegal?"
    SB: "Not everywhere."
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Yep, I really loved Hidden Hills. Thought it was so funny, but I've heard it has been cancelled

That guy, Doug, was hilarious!!

+ Reply to Thread