+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Favorite show that immediately got cancelled

Finally, someone mentions "Do Over" on the WB. The show was FUNNY!! Well written, and well acted. I cant believe it got cancelled so quickly.

Freaks&Geeks is another good one. "My So Called Life"....great show...I didnt even recognize Claire Danes in T3....

fooB--I have to disagree with you on Birds of Prey....pure tripe! I watched it, but wasnt upset when it was cancelled. The main problem was that it relied on telling the whole story every episode with Alfred's monologue about "New Gotham". It coulda been a contender....but didnt do the training.

Every once in awhile, one of the cable channels(Nick at Night? TVLand? one of those "rerun" channels) does a week/end of "Brilliant, but Cancelled" shows, where they run all of the episodes of shows such as the ones we are all chatting up.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Greg the Bunny and Andy Richter Controls the Universe!

Cept Andy Richter was saved! Greg was not.
    Oh yeah...I forgot about Greg the Bunny. Another brilliant show. Funny!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Hi, if "Homefront" is the show about a family in the States after World War II, I loved that show and miss it too! Nice drama and humor.

Phew, this is my first venture out of the American Idol forum, and it feels good!

~I Luv Canyon~
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Thieves on ABC, with John Stamos and Melissa George. Excellent show, kind of campy, cancelled after like 7 episodes, and replaced with pure crap.
    i liked it to

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=GrammarGoddess]I think "Homefront" only lasted a year before it was cancelled but I really liked it. QUOTE]

One of the main reasons that I refuse to watch ABC is because of what happened to "Homefront" 10 years ago. The show was a HUGE hit and scored ABC some of its highest ratings for a drama ever, it won Emmys and Golden Globes, it was a critical success, and what do they do? They screw it over.

They moved the timeslot of the show around so many times that people stopped watching because they didn't know when it was on. They took one of the highest rated shows on television, one that could have been one of the best shows on TV still, and that threw it away.

TV Land picked up the reruns in 2000, but I don't think they're shown anymore. Homefront was and still is one of my favorites TV series of all-time.

Did anyone here watch Black Sash? It was pretty good and was actually an accurate martial arts show. It got canned after I think.. 5 episodes? It was a victim of it's crappy schedule. Now Charmed reruns play in that time slot. Grrr...

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I loved Black Sash. I thought it was wonderful. I watched it religiously until they cancelled it...

They were each on for one season, but I would have watched them forever...

Combat Missions, (USA Network)
    Firefly (Fox)

*bows head in reverence because Z invoked Combat Missions*

That one show is the reason so many of us found each other. It deserves a medal or at least a special edition DVD.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I loved Thieves!
    A show that I loved but was total waste of airtime was Undeclared of FOX! Anyone here ever watched John Doe?

+ Reply to Thread