+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends

FORT Newbie

Friends

Hi,

Did anyone see last night's new episode of Friends? If so, could you please write a summary for those of us who missed it?

Thanks,

Here is what I remember:

Before closing on their new house, C & M decides to look at the house next door 'cause it was for sale...Mon wanted to make sure it wasn't better than hers. Anyhow, a realitor was showing it to another couple...to C & M's surprise...OH MY GAWD, it's Janice and her hubby. Long story short: Monica lets it slip that they are buying the house next door and now Janice wants to be their neighbor. How does Chandler get Janice to change her mind? He implies that it will be a good idea 'cause now they can sneak around with each other. Janice actually says no but kisses him.

Joey's agent, Estelle passes away. Phoebe thinks it's not a good idea to tell Joey right away 'cause he's going through so much...Rachel going to Paris and C & M moving. Phoebe calls Joey as Estelle and Joey fires her. Joey finds out (that Estelle passed away) but gets a phone call from Estelle (Phoebe) and thinks she is calling him from beyond.

Ross keeps bribing Mr. Gellner? Mr. Wellner?, Rachel's boss @ Ralph Lauren, to give Rachel her job back with a raise by "enticing" the boss with dinosaur stuff. She ends up taking it but Ross then tells her she should take the job in Paris because that's what she really wants.

That's what I remember, hope it helps!

FORT Fan
    Just to add to your recap babs1003, Ross is able to entice Mr. Zellner (I think) with dinosaur stuff because Zellner has a son named Ross who is interested in dinosaurs.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

Thanks for the recaps, any news on Friends is great for me. I'm months behind (watching it in London) so i'm grateful for any updates! Can someone explain to me please how Rachel lost her job with Ralph Lauren and what this offer in Paris is? Thanks in advance!

If I'm remembering right - and it's possible that I'm not - Rachel was given an interview with a Gucci (I think) exec while she was working at Ralph Lauren. The interview was to take place at a restaurant. When she got there, she found that her boss at Ralph Lauren was seated at the next table, eating lunch. She tried to play it off like she wasn't interviewing. Hilarity ensued. Her boss wasn't fooled, she got the axe.

The Paris offer is with Louis Vutton. I'm not entirely sure what the position itself is. Buyer, maybe?

Rachel did lose her job because a headhunter approached her about interviewing with Gucci and her current boss was at the restaurant where she was to interview.

The Paris job came about because as Ross and Rachel were leaving the Ralph Lauren building with Rachel's stuff, Mark (the Mark that Ross was insanely jealous of in years' past) walked by and mentioned he might have something Rachel would be interested in. Mark and Rachel went to dinner and Rachel came home and made the big announcement. Mark offered her a job with Louis Vuitton...in Paris.

I have to say, when Monica and Chandler were looking at the neighbors house and the Realtor said that the potential buyer was there for them to meet, I laughed SO LOUD when I heard that OH MY GAWD that is so unmistakenly Janice, that I scared my cats off the bed!!

Thank you AmandaG and GrammarGoddess for the info, i appreciate it. Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Ralph Lauren must be pleased with the free publicity they're getting from Friends. I'm looking forward to those episodes, they sound really good and I can't wait to see Janice again as she was always hillarious! Are there anymore spoilers you want to share? The episode that just aired over here was the one where Pheobe got married, is that really behind?
    Last edited by Fanatic277; 04-24-2004 at 04:30 PM.

You're not too far behind, I think there's 2 episodes left here.

Yeah, Fanatic, you're pretty well caught up. Until last week's episode, they'd aired 6 weeks straight of "classic" episodes. People voted on which their favorites were, I guess. I don't know. It was the network's way of glossing over the fact that they were basically just playing the repeats we can see every day in syndication.

FORT Fogey
    I think a great way to end the final episode is to have a compilation of favorite scenes and quick takes, set to the music of the show's main theme.

But, they should make sure to play the full Rembrant's song and then when the music - and in turn the show - hits its final coda - zoom in on the shot of the cast sitting on the coach in front of the fountain - backs to the camera - and then a closeup of the girl's hand (i think its Monica) - shutting of the light for the very last time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast