+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friends

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    For anyone who missed the last 2 epsidodes, they are being replayed tonight (5/5/04).

Great! Thanks, phonegrrl!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    I dont know if anyone mentioned it, but TVLand is also having a "before they were Friends" night and will be showing episodes of shows that the Friends cast members were on in their pre-Friends days.

Like Jennifer Aniston on the old (and short lived) "Ferris Beullers Day Off" series. etc.

yay, and also FOX 13 is also doing some of the very earlier episodes of Friends.

i can't believe this is happening.
    i will miss my Lisa

In addition to all the above, in case anyone has been living under a rock (j/k!!) :

Dateline NBC is doing a 2 hour show on Friends' tonight @ 8pm.

Jay Leno/The Tonight Show will interview them on the set, tonight.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by babs1003
    Jay Leno/The Tonight Show will interview them on the set, tonight.
    I remember when Jay Leno also did this for "Cheers" and the cast members were so drunk that it made it nearly impossible for Jay to conduct any sort of serious interview. It was like watching something out of "MTV Spring Break". NBC wound up issueing an official apology for their "unacceptable conduct." Some of the cast formally apologized as well.

Well what did NBC expect to have happen? They were interviewing them at a "wrap party" for a series set in a bar after all. MTV doesnt go to spring break expecting to find mild mannered college students drinking Fresca and playing backgammon. They know they are going to find some wild partiers.

Maybe NBC is sending a case of Fresca over to the Friends wrap party at this very moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I remember when Jay Leno also did this for "Cheers" and the cast members were so drunk that it made it nearly impossible for Jay to conduct any sort of serious interview. It was like watching something out of "MTV Spring Break". NBC wound up issueing an official apology for their "unacceptable conduct." Some of the cast formally apologized as well.

Well what did NBC expect to have happen? They were interviewing them at a "wrap party" for a series set in a bar after all. MTV doesnt go to spring break expecting to find mild mannered college students drinking Fresca and playing backgammon. They know they are going to find some wild partiers.

Maybe NBC is sending a case of Fresca over to the Friends wrap party at this very moment...

Was it Jay? I thought it was Johnny Carson...I could be wrong. But I read about the Cheers thing and I thought it was funny.

You know what hasn't been mentioned much this year? Ben! Has anyone noticed this? Like even when they had a birthday party for Emma.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by babs1003

Was it Jay? I thought it was Johnny Carson...I could be wrong. But I read about the Cheers thing and I thought it was funny.

You know what hasn't been mentioned much this year? Ben! Has anyone noticed this? Like even when they had a birthday party for Emma.
    Hi Babs,

I could very well have been Johnny but I dont see it being his bag. But I didnt see the show first hand so I dont know for sure.

I think Jay Leno took over the Tonite Show in 1991 or 92 and I think Cheers went off the air in 1993 or 94.

Re: Ben, yeah they often write a kid out of a TV show when they arent cude and cuddly anymore or if they dont further the plot line anymore.

Normally TV babies are around just enough to be cute and have episodes where "dad" babysits and doesnt know how to change a diaper etc. Otherwise TV kids are usually being watched by some mysterious babysitter somewhere. Waiting until they are needed again.

FORT Newbie
    Cheers went off in '93 I remeber my husband and I making a point to watch the finale we were on our honeymoon, May 1993

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Is anyone attending a Friends farewell party tonight???
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread