+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I think a great way to end the final episode is to have a compilation of favorite scenes and quick takes, set to the music of the show's main theme.

But, they should make sure to play the full Rembrant's song and then when the music - and in turn the show - hits its final coda - zoom in on the shot of the cast sitting on the coach in front of the fountain - backs to the camera - and then a closeup of the girl's hand (i think its Monica) - shutting of the light for the very last time.
    I was thinking this, too!
    And maybe do a slower version of this song for the ending.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by babs1003
    I was thinking this, too!
    And maybe do a slower version of this song for the ending.
    Yes, great thought...sort of an "unplugged" stripped down verson...just accoustic guitar or piano, moody but still upbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Yes, great thought...sort of an "unplugged" stripped down verson...just accoustic guitar or piano, moody but still upbeat.
    Yeah! Do an acoustic version at the end, with your close-up on the hand, turning off the lamp one last time. I think that will work!

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Yeah, Fanatic, you're pretty well caught up. Until last week's episode, they'd aired 6 weeks straight of "classic" episodes. People voted on which their favorites were, I guess. I don't know. It was the network's way of glossing over the fact that they were basically just playing the repeats we can see every day in syndication.
    Thanks for the info everyone! I guess that would explain why we've caught up. If they don't air new episodes in the states, sometimes they won't air it here either but this season they've continued with the new episodes even though they were airing 'classic' episodes in the states.

I have to add that the scene with Joey talking to "Estelle" whome he knew to be dead, was really funny!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I have to add that the scene with Joey talking to "Estelle" whome he knew to be dead, was really funny!
    *Joey looks at caller ID* "Out of area..... Yeah, I'll say!"
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    *Joey looks at caller ID* "Out of area..... Yeah, I'll say!"
    That was hilarious!

What was that line Monica said to Chandler? Something about how Janice or Janice's voice makes his "manly parts" going creeping inside his body?? Does anybody remember this 'cause I know I'm butchering it!

Aargh, I missed last night's episode. Can anyone give me a brief summary? Thanks!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Aargh, I missed last night's episode. Can anyone give me a brief summary? Thanks!
    Last night was Rachel's farewell party. Monica was packing, so she had made weird dishes out of the things left in the refrigerator she didn't want to pack. Chandler and Joey tried some different ways to use packing bubbles: they wrapped them around Joey's head while Chandler beat on him, and then Ross joined in. Chandler found fur covered handcuffs in the bedroom and tried to figure out whose they were. They later found pictures of Monica's Nana using the handcuffs ~ eewwww!

Rachel showed up and took everyone aside to tell them goodbye, and the reasons that she loved them. She did not take Ross aside to tell him goodbye. Ross freaked out, confronted her, and she didn't say anything. A little later, Rachel burst into Ross' apartment to call him a stupid jerk because she loves him so much, she couldn't tell him goodbye. They ended up kissing.

Ericka, the baby's natural mother, was in town and showed up at Monica's apartment in labor, without realizing it, so Monica and Chandler were getting her together to take her to the hospital.

to add to that:

Ross was yelling at Rachel .. you said goodbye to everyone but me, am I not your best friend, ex lover, ex husband the father to your daughter but you didn't take the time to say goodbye to me. Rachel was speechless. Ross storms out.
    Rachel storms into Ross's apartment and tells him that he is all of those things to her and she didn't take him aside because she didn't know what to say to him.. HOW to say goodbye because she doesn't want to. Ross kisses Rachel (rather forcefully) they break off the kiss and Rachel takes a deep breath and she kisses Ross more gently. The epi ends with the beginning of a good old fashioned snog session.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast