+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 24: Hour #19 7:00am-8:00am

But Saunders guys checked him, he must be dead, right?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I just think the hole in the back of the head, and the blood leaking out of his ears was a dead giveaway (sorry).

As for michelle, I hope she doesn't die. That is one my favorite characters.

Well, I was one of those that believed Chappelle wasn't dead but I don't know how the writers could get out of this one! He must be dead unless he was given a drug to make him appear dead???? Ok, just wishful thinking.

I thought for sure that Kim would get captured and it would be a battle between Saunders and Jack. To me, it was surprising that she didn't get captured!?

Great episode...especially the shocked faces of the cabinet that the president ordered the death of Chappelle. I really hope Michelle makes it although I doubt it.

What's with the speculation that Jack gets killed? Wouldn't the show "die" without this main character? Is there some spoiler out there that says he's leaving the show?

Premium Member
    It seems so unlikely to me that Saunders would release the virus anywhere on the same continent as his daughter, let alone a short plane ride away from her (assuming she actually is his daughter and that he loves her), unless there's a vaccine.

It also seems unlikely to me that in light of what he's doing, she's allowed to run around loose with a couple of goobers to guard her. Wouldn't you think he'd have her under lock and key somewhere? He's clever enough to have a switching node and fake his location, but too stupid to think the CTU might try and switch someone with his daughter? (Even I would have at least had a guard in the bathroom, and I'm no mastermind terrorist.)

In real life, I would have preferred that the president told the nation exactly what was going on so that they'd have the option of staying in their homes. If it's short-lived in its airborn form and dependant on people to transmit it widely, put the national guard in hazmet suits and tell people to stay home - at least attempt to minimize the damage in the event that Saunders isn't caught in time. And hell, for all they know his minions have instructions to release it if he is caught.

I don't buy the whole don't-want-to-cause-a-panic motive. It's like not telling people on the fourth floor that there's a small fire in the basement so that they don't panic. Wouldn't it be better to panic them and get them the hell out of the building before the small fire turns into an inferno?

Surprise Twist - you're way too smart for this show!

I think that the President negotiating with Saunders is dumb. He's got 12 vials of the virus and releases one. Do they that think by agreeing to kill Ryan, Saunders will just hang on to the other 11? That move, and the "sky is falling" phrase, just make David look like a puppet, nothing more. Does Saunders think that Ryan was the only one capable of following a money trail?

And why the ruse with Kim? At least if Saunders knows they have his kid they might have bargaining power with him.

Oh well, I'm hooked on this show and will keep watching anyway.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    And why the ruse with Kim? At least if Saunders knows they have his kid they might have bargaining power with him.
    I think the ruse was because they thought that maybe Jane Saunders knew the where abouts of her father. Or, at least knew some info that might lead them to her father. They didn't want Saunders to know because they figured if he knew that CTU had his daughter, and his daughter could lead them to him, then he would move locations and the daughter would be of less use. True, the daughter still could be used as a bargining chip, but they wanted to find Saunders.

At least that's my take on it.

This was the first episode I've watched of 24. It was pretty good. When I heard they were going to kill that Chappelle person, and that main guy made him get on his knees and you heard a shot, I was like, "Oh, he just shot it into the air or something and the guy pretended to be dead etc." and then he was really dead and I was freaking out XD XD XD I was like, "What show DOES that?!"

Premium Member
    Gee, thanks Qboots!

I like to be shocked, but not in a cheap-trick way.

Yep, he only has so many vials to hold over their heads, and face it - once a few more are released, his bargaining power diminishes rapidly anyway, because at that point Palmer finally has to quarantine people in their homes.

When Palmer agreed to execute Chappel, I was thinking, where will he draw the line? Suppose Saunder's next demand was that Jack grab a woman with a baby stroller off the street and stab the baby? Is it still "the good of the many"? Suppose he asked that everyone in L.A. who had the last name Parker be hanged in public? Still "the good of the many"? When do the rights of an individual become as important as the rights of a million individuals?

"I don't buy the whole don't-want-to-cause-a-panic motive."

Unfortunately, that is one of the few accurate protrayals in this series. The larger the number of people who could be affected, the less likely it is that we would be told.

Premium Member
    I'm pretty sure that if people were told that bolting out of their homes and running wild in the streets was the surest way to get exposed to the virus, they'd stay put. I know I would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast