+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Third Watch

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynas_mom
    I'm left with a gaping hole where Third Watch used to be! (Not like I don't have a life, but...) Very unsatisfied with the quick way they wrapped up this show. I watched it from the first episode; if I missed three or four episodes the entire run, that was a lot. So many characters, so many storylines. Yes, I agree that the focus was taken away from the firefighters. It used to be equal between all the first responders and it ended up being...I can't explain it. I also think (and chipnreichenfan might agree with this) that the show had much more depth earlier on. I miss Lieutenant Johnson who died in the copter. That episode tore me apart. I love such down to earth characters. You don't feel like you're watching people "act" or "perform" when you're watching actors like that.

Sully's character was like that for me as well (more in the first few seasons, though, honestly). And Faith too! I mean, I'm glad it ended with Sully narrating, and not somebody who wasn't there from the beginning. Friday nights aren't the same. Even when I'd not be home on a Friday night, I'd always have the VCR set. Now I understand the "withdrawal" people who watched long-running shows like "Gunsmoke" and "MASH" went through when they were done.

I still think about the 9/11 narrated show (actually aired the next month), "In Their Own Words".
    I too agree with everything you said. I really miss the new episodes from this season, Fridays are not the same

From what I have seen in the first 2 seasons I agree with the depth that the writers went into with each episode.

I like how season 2 started with the focus on Sully, Faith, Doc, Jimmy and now Kim. Each episode showed in depth what each character was feeling and how the other characters reacted around them including the police, firefighters and paramedics.

As a big Faith/Bosco fan (Sully and Doc too) I really like Faith and Bosco interactions from each episode. It is all so well acted and real their charcters comes to life (flaws and all) Also Sully/Davis, Doc/Carlos and Kim/Bobby are well suited for each other with great chemistry.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of season2 on A&E.

Does anyone know if NBC/CTV plan to air any repeats during the summer?

Still waiting for the DVD to come out...No plans yet as far as I know though
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Just saw the episode where Davis finds out that his father had another family after he ends up rescuing his sister who was unknown to him. I am not a huge Davis fan but the scene where he knocks his fathers tombstone was very emotional and well acted. Looking forward to tonights show from season 2

Just saw the episode where all the cast reflex on the lives lost in a firery car crash. They were the kids from class of 2001. I thought the twist at the end where the kids involved throughout the episode actually died earlier in the crash. Very sad, but very powerful episode

Just saw another excellent episode from season 2 where Faith admits she had an abortion and not a miscarriage. It was very sad , funny episode rolled into one. Faith having to deal with her lies and Bosco having to deal with poison ivy. I laughed out loud when Bosco was just covered in sores from the poison ivy, Faith taking Bosco to the hospital and Sullys one liners..

I remember this one. It was a great episode. Lots rolled into one (the humor, the bittersweetness, etc.).

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I think there is more action on this thread since it was cancelled than when it was alive! But all good...enjoy being reminded of great past shows.

I just saw the episode where Doc's secret came to light when he accidentially killed his best friend. Very good acting ny Doc. I think Carlos is such a slime. He hasn't done anything for anyone but himself in the first 2 seasons. He and Jimmy have little if no redeeming qualities
    I agree with the posters who say the character development was better in the first couple season, I agree so far

No episode on A&E today. I hope they don't skip an episode .
    tommorows sounds good

from AETV.com

Episode Guide
    Season 2, Episode 11 - A Hero's Rest

Episode Synopsis: The street cops watch their backs while an anonymous sniper is on the loose, leaving a wake of murdered and wounded officers while Bosco (Jason Wiles) ponders an errant bullet meant for him, and Davis (Coby Bell) watches helplessly as a fellow officer dies in his arms -- reminding him of his own father's death on the beat. Meanwhile, some officers like Yokas (Molly Price) pause to reflect on their own families and are tempted to call in sick until the shooter is arrested, and Bosco butts heads with a new field sergeant (guest star Brad Beyer) who has reason to hold a grudge against him.

I read in an interview that this is one of Molly Price's favourite episodes.

Carlos grows on you. Or at least he did on me.

Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan
    No episode on A&E today. I hope they don't skip an episode .
    tommorows sounds good

from AETV.com

Episode Guide
    Season 2, Episode 11 - A Hero's Rest

Episode Synopsis: The street cops watch their backs while an anonymous sniper is on the loose, leaving a wake of murdered and wounded officers while Bosco (Jason Wiles) ponders an errant bullet meant for him, and Davis (Coby Bell) watches helplessly as a fellow officer dies in his arms -- reminding him of his own father's death on the beat. Meanwhile, some officers like Yokas (Molly Price) pause to reflect on their own families and are tempted to call in sick until the shooter is arrested, and Bosco butts heads with a new field sergeant (guest star Brad Beyer) who has reason to hold a grudge against him.

I read in an interview that this is one of Molly Price's favourite episodes.
    What a great episode, I can see why Molly Price (Faith) says this is one of her favourites.

Great acting by all especially Bosco, Faith, Davis and Sully. Faith/Bosco and Sully/Davis make great eams. I admire when a 10-13 (police shot) comes on the radio all the police jump and rush to the officers who have been shot.

Bosco, Davis and Faith made me cry LOL

Great episode

+ Reply to Thread