+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Watch

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    If the person who dies is the person who should, maybe Cruz, since she is terminally ill anyway?
    I can't watch..overseas...so I hope someone will summarize a bit... especially the future part! Thanks!

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE can someone fill me in on what happened in tonights episode?!?!?!? I can't believe I missed it!

FORT Fan
    SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILE R 9:00pm Pacific time

For PWS and Babydollbrat....(don't make fun of my typing)
    The gang Cruz has been chasing attacks the stationhouse with automatic weapons and some type of incendiary devices, causing a huge fire. Cruz and Sascha are trapped with fire all around. Bosco, Faith, the daughter, the captain and every one else gets out, but the firemen from across the street use the ladder truck to rescue Cruz and Sascha. Once the fire is out, Cruz (looking none the worse for being trapped under a file cabinet and inhaling smoke) goes to her pile of hidden "drop" weapons and goes looking for the gang bangers. She gives Bosco a big liplock, and goes to meet with the dreadlock guy, and blows herself up with grenades in her pocket. Carlos asks his girl partner Holly to marry him, and he links up with his old partner Doc (in jail?) to get lovelife advice. Sully looks like he is retiring to a fishing cabin, Faith assigned to Major Cases. Davis and Vinnie?(young guy) going to anti-crime unit. The newest couples are still together. The captain is going "downtown" to work. The 55 is moving three blocks away. Sascha runs for city council. Carlos has three kids. Faith fell in love with her boss. Bosco is still "balls out" every day. Quickie pics of Kim and her hubby at the wedding. All in all, kind of anti-climatic ending. I won't have to bribe my husband to hurry home every Friday night so I can watch my show--oh well.

It was a weak finale. You could tell that they were surprised that they were cancelled, because the writer & director (one of the creators), just threw everything in there to wrap things up. If you follow his logic, when Sulley was speaking at the end, it was many years into the future, since some of the characters were said to have had children.

But you could tell that the actors were holding back real tears when they were saying goodbye to each other. And I had a hard time holding back the tears.

When Third Watch was good, it was great. It's too bad that the writers went away from the original premise of 3 careers (cops, firemen & paramedics) and pretty much focused on the cops (which there are a hundred shows out there like that). They should have stayed unique, like they started and that way the shows would have been fresh, because you had a regular cast of over 10 characters to keep things interesting.

Oh well, that's one less hour of television for me next year!

Chris

FORT Fan
    You are right, mrpayroll. The ending was a rushed thing, trying to tie up every loose end. The whole Cruz thing was so abrupt--no scenes of reaction from anyone. Just a hurry-up "let's get out of here" half hour to finish up.

I am just happy that they were given an ending... I would have been annoyed if the producers did not know ahead of time and we were left with a friggin cliff hanger.

Some thoughts on the show:

Leave it to Cruz to blow herself up along with 75 men. I didn't even realize it was happening till they cut to Bosco sitting in the car. And the entire building blew sky high.

I like how Carlos proposed to Levine... and the fact half the police dept was watching... and Levine was in the middle of a rant about how Faith had been ugly to her. Perfect moment.

Then Carols went and visited Doc at the "place for people who need quite time"... so at least we know where Doc was sent... and it was not jail.

I see Faith got her man in the end... Aidan Quinn!

Then I thought I was going to get through the show without tears till Ty and Sully were hugging...

Then it all ended with Sully on the riverbank looking all relaxed... till the fishing line broke... and we get one last "crap" out of him!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, recappers!! (And I would never criticize anyone's typing...pot/kettle! )

So Ty and Sasha didn't get back together? Whose wedding did you see Kim and hubby at? Carlos'?
    I was hoping Bosco would find someone...other than a woman who then blows herself up....
    At least I guessed right as to who would die...not bad for someone who's had to "watch" the ending of a favorite show through FORT for the last couple of months.
    The last shot of Sully and his final "crap" does sound like a perfect ending tho.

Great job of recapping! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am forever in your debt!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I loved it, even though it seemed rushed, because it did tie up loose ends. It made you feel like you knew what happened to them after the 55 blew up. It does say that Ty is in charge of an anti-crime unit (the most successful one in NYC) and that he and Sasha plan to marry, someday when their careers slow down. Also that Mini Finney is the Sarge under Ty and he and Grace are celebrating their 1 year anniversary. Grace isn't a paramedic on the streets anymore because she's pregnant and she is a teacher for paramedics.

I cried. My hubby made fun of me, but this show's not leaving my Tivo for a while. I think I'll rewatch it a couple of hundred times. So sorry to see the show go and although they did stray from their original concept, I always enjoyed it, especially the ensemble because it was never one stand-out actor.

Gotta love Sully's "crap" at the end. So typical.

RIP Third Watch - you were a good one

It was a wonderful episode, but yes the future stuff was rushed but it was so great!!

I laughed so hard when Carlos was proposing and they were all trying to get him to get down on one knee.

I too got all choked up and when they showed the ending credits, wanted to cry really hard. I am wanting to cry now just think it is is over. I love this show so much. My IM box is Third Watch. But we have A&E and hopefully soon I can get the DVDs. I have only seen season 1 available, anyone know?

I was hoping for maybe a spin off.

+ Reply to Thread