+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Watch

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Enough with Fred and the daughter. Yuck.
    I haven't watched this in a while, but I was sick of the family pre-the blackout. I wanted to smack her daughter upside the head more than once.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

too right dagwood - it's like the resent her for doing her job .. and doing it well. There are some jobs out there that don't end when the bell rings - law enforcement is one of them.
    I can almost see their point about her working with Bosco again, the kid really was getting her into trouble but she seems to be steering clear of his crap this time - they have a working business relationship now instead of mother/child. Bosco has really grown up over the years - we don't hear about his one night stands and all of his carrousing, he still has a temper but it's usually directed at those who deserve it.
    Now that Yokas and Bosco are united against Cruz they might get some of their old closeness back - but things will never be the way they were and I'm really glad about that.

Ya know the way they keep escallating Cruz's anger and her single-minded, 'I'm always right' state of mind I think they are really setting her (us) up for something .. maybe they will finally kill the biotch off LOL

Not liking the new firefighter - JD, he's shady. There is a lot more crap that will come to light about him, I'm sure.

Was it my imagination or was Billy back to his gruff old self with a little more gruffness thrown in for good measure?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I haven't watched it in a couple of seasons. I think since Roy Scheider had his guest spots. I have only watched one this season, the one where Doc cracks and shoots his captain. It made me cry when they lead him away.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I love Third Watch, and I can't wait to see how the next few episodes unfold. It was nice to hear Kim talk about Jimmy. I can't stand Cruz either, although if she's gone who is left to loathe??

Chris

Ok so Kim turned down Jimmy's proposal.. they went their separate ways. So um. why was she waiting for him to pick her up after work? Kim didn't want to have anything to do with him and I got the feeling that for him it was all or nothing???
    Very confusing.
    I don't know if I could be just buddies with someone who turned down my marriage proposal - especially the way that Kim did it. (telling him he wasn't good enough and he'd never change)
    I can see Jimmy still being close to Joey but not to Kim.

IN PLAIN VIEW
    10pm 2004-04-23 ALL NEW!
    BOSCO KEEPS WARY EYE ON BROTHER'S SHIFTY DEFENSE LAWYER; 1970S TV ICONS HENRY WINKLER AND KATE JACKSON GUEST-STAR -- Bosco (Jason Wiles) has suspicions about his brother Mikey's defense attorney Martin (guest star Henry Winkler, "Happy Days") after his curious questions during courtroom testimony -- but Yokas (Molly Price) has even more after she discovers that Martin's daughter might have been abused by his jittery wife (guest star Kate Jackson, "Charlie's Angels") amid squalid living conditions. Elsewhere, Sully (Skipp Sudduth) is shocked to learn how little he knows of the man who served him breakfast every day after he was shotgunned to death in his diner. In addition, Davis (Coby Bell) lovingly tries to ease Officer Monroe's (Nia Long) transition back to the force while Yokas endures some chilly domestic relations with her husband Fred (Chris Bauer). TV-14

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    as someone who has taken the LSAT, it shouldn't matter that Ty didn't get to "study" the night before, as it is a test about logic and how you think, not about things that you know. It is also not a question of "passing" or "failing" as there is a range of scores and some scores are high enough to get you a scholarship into pretty much any law school you want, and some are ok to get you into most law schools, and some are low enough that you'd have a hard time finding a school that will take you, but some new (or unaccredited) school would accept you (and your tuition money), so after taking the LSAT, it's just a matter of where you can go, how badly you want to go to law school, and do you want to bother to take the test again if you didn't do well. However, taking it over won't wipe out your old score, as future test results get averaged together for a number of years.

In this show, I think either Ty or Sully could do well enough on the LSAT to get into a NYC based law school, and many law schools offer part-time schedules so they could go to school while also working fulltime as a cop. We have a number of paralegals who work fulltime while going to law school parttime. So they wouldn't necessarily need to completely leave the show to be "going to school".
    I took the LSAT too and studying helps, especially if the test-taker isn't straight out of undergrad. As you say, it's a test of logic and reading comprehension, but it's also a test of speed, and speed is hugely increased by taking practice tests. That said, I agree that failing to study on the night before shouldn't have made a significant difference if Ty had practiced a bit in the past.

During the test, it looked like Ty wasn't concentrating but Sully was. I agree that Ty will do poorly and Sully will do well b/c much of what produces a good score is whether the test-taker finishes the test.

I went to law school at night and worked full time in the day. There were many cops in my class. Both of these characters are single and can swing the workload. Most part-timers go to school at night and work in the day, but if Ty and Sully really work from 3 to 11, then they'd have to be in some program that allows part-timers to go in the day. NYC is a big town; maybe there are schools that offer that or the show will pretend that there are.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I took the LSAT too and studying helps, especially if the test-taker isn't straight out of undergrad. As you say, it's a test of logic and reading comprehension, but it's also a test of speed, and speed is hugely increased by taking practice tests. That said, I agree that failing to study on the night before shouldn't have made a significant difference if Ty had practiced a bit in the past.

During the test, it looked like Ty wasn't concentrating but Sully was. I agree that Ty will do poorly and Sully will do well b/c much of what produces a good score is whether the test-taker finishes the test.

I went to law school at night and worked full time in the day. There were many cops in my class. Both of these characters are single and can swing the workload. Most part-timers go to school at night and work in the day, but if Ty and Sully really work from 3 to 11, then they'd have to be in some program that allows part-timers to go in the day. NYC is a big town; maybe there are schools that offer that or the show will pretend that there are.
    I agree that studying the night before doesn't really help. It might even hurt by making you overtired. I wouldn't recommend my "study" method though. It involved getting waaaay too drunk the night before the LSAT's despite the fact I had the flu. Of course, I was 20. Ah the good old days.

Oh, and actually on topic, I would love to see Sully as a prosecutor or public defender. He'd be a hoot. I think you are all exactly right about what the LSAT results will be.

so Mariner? did you pass??

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    so Mariner? did you pass??
    Actually I did really well. I think because I felt no pressure. I decided to go ahead and take the test and if I felt like I had bombed cancel my scores before I left the room. At the time, if you did that, the score didn't count against you. I'd already payed the fee so what the heck (plus it was my junior year so I had plenty of time to retake it).

Let me add that the summary of next week's episode is making me wince. I cannot stand to watch Fred any more. Please please please make Faith leave him. It would be interesting watching her adjust to being single.
    Last edited by Mariner; 04-21-2004 at 01:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread