+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 143 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

ER - Emergency Room

Maybe we can use this as the official ER thread - the other ones are spread far and wide and it's a pain to find them all.

Season 10 Episode 176018
    WHERE THERE'S SMOKE 9:59/8:59pm 4/08/04
    DR. WEAVER DESPERATELY BATTLES FOR THE LIFE OF HER INJURED FIREFIGHTER PARTNER -- Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) rushes to the aid of her female partner Sandy Lopez (guest star Lisa Vidal ) when the firefighter is severely injured on the job and must fight for her life -- as a frightened Weaver offers whispered hope by reminding the victim of their newborn child. A pregnant Dr. Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) suffers labor pains and is confined to bed rest, while tension remains between Dr. Gallant (Sharif Atkins) and Neela (Parminder Nagra) as an investigation begins into the suspicious death. In addition, Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston) gets a pleasant surprise. Neela and Abby (Maura Tierney) get the news about their board scores and Dr. Chen (Ming-Na) and Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) treat a frustrated senior citizen who does not want to burden his family with his care. Goran Visnjic and Linda Cardellini also star. TV-14
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

OMG poor, poor Carrie! Not only does she lose her life partner but now the family is taking her baby away too and there is probably not a thing she can do about it.
    She's no blood relation, her name probably isn't on the birth certificate and they weren't married. Its just plain wrong on so many levels. Elizabeth's compassion in the operating room moved me. Two women, lose the loves of their lives, single mothers, sucessful doctors and still the cards don't seem to fall their way.

Susan's early labour wasn't good at all - Sherri's baby must be due very soon - she got so big so fast

Less Abby is always a good thing.. too bad the dingy didn't pass her board exams.

Neela is destined for research.

I was so sad to see Gallant go!! I really liked him.

Pratt has never been my fave, he seems a little more human lately.. his God complex is still firmly intact though.

Season 10 Episode 176019
    JUST A TOUCH 9:59/8:59pm 4/22/04
    WILL QUESTIONS OF HAZY SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLOUD DR. PRATT'S CAREER? -- Dr. Pratt's (Mekhi Phifer) reputation as a flirt catches up to him when an attractive woman (as Campbell, Ashley Laurence) informally accuses the young doctor of sexual harassment while Pratt also struggles to diagnose a woman who suffers mysterious chronic seizures. Meanwhile, Abby (Maura Tierney) ponders how to get the attention of her contentious patients during her psych rotation and Neela (Parminder Nagra) finds herself studying strokes in a lab populated by brainy but bizarre graduate students. Elsewhere, Sam (Linda Cardellini) tries to resist the appeal of the "reformed" father (guest star Cole Hauser) of her son when he temporarily moves into her apartment -- giving a concerned Kovac (Goran Visnjic) something to think about. In addition, Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) vows to fight for her baby son and Dr. Chen (Ming-Na) is at wit's end when she brings her combative and ailing father home. Noah Wyle and Alex Kingston also star. TV-14

Finally Dr. Carter returns! .. probably to a law suit LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    OMG poor, poor Carrie! Not only does she lose her life partner but now the family is taking her baby away too and there is probably not a thing she can do about it.
    She's no blood relation, her name probably isn't on the birth certificate and they weren't married. Its just plain wrong on so many levels. Elizabeth's compassion in the operating room moved me. Two women, lose the loves of their lives, single mothers, sucessful doctors and still the cards don't seem to fall their way.

Susan's early labour wasn't good at all - Sherri's baby must be due very soon - she got so big so fast

Less Abby is always a good thing.. too bad the dingy didn't pass her board exams.

Neela is destined for research.

I was so sad to see Gallant go!! I really liked him.

Pratt has never been my fave, he seems a little more human lately.. his God complex is still firmly intact though.
    Hey Duxxy... I totally agree. I was so sad that Gallant left!

I could totally see it coming with Carrie's son - I said halfway through the show that the family would try and keep the baby from her. How can they do that? Isn't that kidnapping? It made me SO mad.

I'm surprised they didn't have Abby pass the boards - I take it you're not an Abby fan?

I thought it was a good show. The next ep looks good too - there's a lot going on!

I just thought of something else - didn't they use Carrie's egg when they did the invitro on Sandy?

I have no idea about Carrie's egg.. I think the first we heard of Carrie and Sandy's baby was when Neela and Abby were doing their NICU rotation and they attended the birth.
    I totally saw the 'kidnapping' coming too, after seeing the disdain that Sandy's mom had for Carrie, there was no way she was going to give that precious baby back. I hope she has some legal recourse.. like legal adoption papers.

I'm not a big fan of Abby's. She is just so 'oh woe is me... but I'm going to keep a stiff upper lip, don't you worry about me' martyr type.. bleah I just got a *shiver*

I've had enough of Abby too - after she totally blew her relationship with Carter (he dodged a bullet on that one), well actually, her whole relationship with Carter just seemed... strange.

I'm glad Noah's back this week.

I read that the actor playing Gallant is bound for another series.

I agree that the Abby character isn't sympathetic at all because she screwed up both her relationships with Kovach and Carter. She's a tough but self-destructive. When she stops smoking, I'll care what's going on with her again.

I saw the thing with Carrie's baby too, when I heard that the show was going to kill off the girlfriend character a few weeks ago. It's not logical to use Carrie's egg in the pregnancy, only because of the extreme cost of transferring eggs and ivf and all that. (It is really expensive--if Sandy didn't have an ovulation problem, it isn't logical to use Carrie's egg.) Unless Carrie adopted the baby before Sandy died, she's got no recourse. (And gay adoptions are real controversial--it's not possible to do it in most states and Illinois isn't a particularly progressive state.) That whole storyline is extremely, extremely tragic.

I do sort of wonder why these shows feel like they have to put their characters through such terrible situations when they have ample opportunity for tragic drama with the characters that move through the show (the patients). I really, really hope that they let Carter and Kovach's life situations generally stay positive.

I agree OTT - I don't know why the writers think they have to put us through the grider every week within the ER Staff's lives.. the patients would be tragic enough.
    I don't see good things happening for Kovac or Carter either..
    Carter has a long distance relationship happening, we already know that Makemba has no intention of abandoning her work in Africa and she doesn't want her baby to grow up American .. nothing but angst.

Kovac can't make a relationship work to save his life. With the sudden reappearance of her (Sam's) ex, her ghoolish son and Luka's weirdness there is no way that this is a long term thing.

Susan - I wanna see more Chuck! I LOVE their interaction! Susan has had enough heartache, its about time they let her find some balance.

You just know that Lizzie is going to end up with that new surgeon he's hot ... not as hot as Bruno Campos though
    Nothing but bad crap and hard luck coming for Carrie that poor woman is always struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy

Susan - I wanna see more Chuck! I LOVE their interaction! Susan has had enough heartache, its about time they let her find some balance.

Yeah, more of Susan and Chuck! And no bad or sad stuff for them! I Would like to see more of Dr. Chen.

I was reading this one site that had news on Carter, I didn't want to come right out and say it but it is a spoiler and wasn't sure if anyone has read it or seen it anywhere else.

+ Reply to Thread