+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 143 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

What's with the mouth on Alex? I was shocked when he said that to Sam! All she was trying to do was to keep him and herself safe from his loser father. If I were Sam, I would've quoted a line from an episode of "Silk Stalkings". "Getting me pregnant doesn't make him a father, just a donor."

FORT Fogey
    Cars certainly played a big part in last night's episode.

I had a feeling that when they made such a big deal about Pratt's new ride that it would somehow play into the plot line before the night was through.

Moments of this episode where great and others were not so much.

The woman pinned between the cars was a direct rip-off of "Signs".

The episode didnt really touch on Kem/Carter other than a few mentions so that plot-line is very gray at the moment...

It also had some "cookie cutter" scenes that ER usually rises above, like Kerry's emmotional plea in court was touching - but cookie cutter from every courtroom mellow-drama right down to the judge telling her lawyer to more or less "control your client" and her attorney trying to get her to shut-up.

Pratt's epiphany that he needs to get more in-touch with his inner-city background.

The Carter/Deb "he's gone, I'm calling it" - "No wait we can save him" - "no there is nothing we can do" - "yes we can" - "wow, you were right, we saved him"

But my favorite moment was when it looked like Sam and her Ghoulish son might leave 4-ever.

I have to say that I am not an Abbey fan but she has really shown bright the last few episodes. Her charecter has been exceptionally well written and acted. The scenes with Maude's husband and bringing in former students were really well done. Her reaction to passing her boards etc. Nice.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I haven't watched ER in several years, but have recently started watching it again. It seems that it's much more melodramatic, and no one can catch a break. Sure, it's a hospital show, but even when something good happens--Abbey passing her boards--it RAINS on her...but no one else.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    --Abbey passing her boards--it RAINS on her...but no one else.
    That was probably meant to be symbolic.

The rain was washing away Abbey's troubled past, her self-doubts, all the times she never "saw it through till the end" and bathed her for a fresh start. That is why she looked up into the rain with a look of relief and ecstacy.

I can't remember a finale where there were so many cliffhangers. Pratt and Chen's car shooting, Sam leaving or not, Weaver and the baby, Neela and her residency. And what was Carter carrying in the box as he left near the end? He's obviously gone through a lot and is hiding his emotions, but did he have his stuff in there and he was trying to sneak out? (probably not but I thought it looked possible)

I like how Abbey's character is still important but not the focus; it helps when Carter and Kovac are there to take some of that load. I didn't like when many of the plots were about her and her problems, she has risen above that and succeeded in becoming a doctor. She does the little things (like having some of the teachers former students come in last night) that the others don't and despite having trouble on the tests, she "just knows what to do".
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    That was probably meant to be symbolic.

The rain was washing away Abbey's troubled past, her self-doubts, all the times she never "saw it through till the end" and bathed her for a fresh start. That is why she looked up into the rain with a look of relief and ecstacy.
    That is a possibility, but it seems to me that every time it rains on ER something terrible is about to happen or has happened. Plus, it was still a bit strange that it didn't rain or even look cloudy anywhere else. They've got a big budget. They could get a few CGIs in there to throw up some clouds!

brusch ! I thought I was the only one who saw Carter carrying that file box full of stuff! I was watching with my husband and I had to point it out twice.
    I too like how Abby is still Abby but not the focus of the entire show. In addition to the questions you posed above..
    where is Rachel Green?
    how is Susan? I guess she's going to stay pregnant until September now

If Kerry was straight would she go for the administrator that told Neela .. "well you've left us in quite a lurch"
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    If Kerry was straight would she go for the administrator that told Neela .. "well you've left us in quite a lurch"
    He seemed a little light in the loafers as well. Maybe they can become each others "beards".

Re: Rachel, I sort of got the impression that once Elizabeth got her the 'morning after pill' that she and her boy toy hit the road. They did say they wanted to hang around a few weeks and "check out colleges" - but I see Rachel just sniffing around for any avail money that wasnt tied up in trust funds and running. She wasnt exactly a model student in high school. The University of Chicago and Northwestern are both very difficult schools to get into and I doubt she would qualify with her checkered past and those were the two she mentioned she planned to visit.

Re: Susan, I think she mentioned being already overdue at the graduation. So they will likely start the new season with her already a mother with a three month old.

But those were two plot lines that I agree they should have covered too since they were in recent episodes.
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-14-2004 at 03:32 PM.

the evil is OUT there... raeraechick's Avatar
    OH MY GOD!!!! i cant beleive i found ER groupies!!!! hehe! im so happy! ohmy god! er is like one of the ultimate shows!!!! did anyone watch the Seaon Finale?!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, where's everyone been? This is so cool. I think Pratt will end up dying. I wonder if Abby's mother and brother will ever come back to the show. Even if it's just a couple of episodes.

+ Reply to Thread