+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 143 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    ohhhhhhhhhhh I actually liked Abby last night!! I actually cheered when she stood up to Kerry! My husband called Kerry a complete bitch when she not so subtly suggested that Abby remove County from her match list.
    I really did not understand this part!!! Can someone explain? At first I thought that Dr. Weaver was implying that she would like Abby to stay...until Abby said she would go to board or something. I'm confused!
    (thanks! )

FORT Fogey
    i didnt understand that entire conversation...i was sooooo confused too...i also thought that Weaver was saying that "off the record" she wanted Abby to stay on at County and meant it as a compliment - she has in fact complimented Abby in the past, which is rare for Kerry - and she also has something of a new friendship bond with Abby for the comfort Abby showed her with regards to the baby being taken away. But then Abby's reaction made it seem as if Kerry had insulted and/or betrayed her.

I even had the "closed captioning" turned on my TV during the show (I am wierd but i often leave the captioning on because I always think i am going to miss something in a show like ER where many people are often talking at once) and I still didnt understand what took place in that scene.

I think that what happened at the end was that Abby felt hurt by Kerry's statement...Kerry let her know that they had ranked her in the top 20, but she was "encouraging" her to switch her picks, implying that Kerry didn't want her at County because she know Abby failed her boards. Abby thought that she and Kerry were not only friends but probably good colleagues and that Kerry would have wanted her there or at least helped her out and when she realized what Kerry was saying it was like a slap in the face. Abby then threatened to report her to the governing bodies because it is "illegal" for supervisors to talk about matches with students...they are not to discuss where they rank people or who they have chosen because it would give some students an unfair advantage going into medical schools "match days" about where they were going to go.
    Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I even had the "closed captioning" turned on my TV during the show (I am wierd but i often leave the captioning on because I always think i am going to miss something in a show like ER where many people are often talking at once) and I still didnt understand what took place in that scene.
    I do the exact same thing, Daddio. Especially with ER

I thought the conversation was about the fact that Abby was very likely to have matched at County, but the fact that she had failed her boards, and did not yet know the results of her retest, Kerry was trying to politely say "hey, we are going to be short handed if you don't pass your boards" And County doesn't need to be shorthanded. Kerry was basically asking Abby to cancel County as her first pick.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fogey
    Now that make sense...thank your Mrdobolina.

It is always about the bottom line with Kerry - even to a friend/colleague. She has proven that many times.

Does anybody know how many times a person can re-take the boards?

I would have to bet that you can re-take them numerous times. It's like that joke I have heard on ER twice now, I think....

Q: What do they call the person who graduates last in his/her class from Medical School??

A: Doctor.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

"I even had the "closed captioning" turned on my TV during the show (I am wierd but i often leave the captioning on because I always think i am going to miss something in a show like ER where many people are often talking at once) and I still didnt understand what took place in that scene"

What a hoot - we live with our closed captioning on! I can't watch a movie now without it (everything is so hard to hear these days!). I thought we were alone in this "weird" habit - glad to see that we're not!

I also didn't understand the scene with Kerry and Abby, pretty confusing!

If you take the 'friend' out of Kerry and put 'Chief of Staff' in it's place the scene will make total sense
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

What did ya think of the finale?
    They definitley left us with a cliffhanger.
    I'm not sure, but is anyone that was in the car there at the end leaving the show?

I think Mehkei (Or however you pronounce it) might be leaving to focus on a film career. He was already in You Got Served (?) Maybe a different one. But All I could say at the beginning of the show and at the end was

+ Reply to Thread