+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 143 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Good point about Ray! Surely he can sing? Or is his band a rap band? Very inconsistent with the character, but probably they wanted to surprise us as all, as they did, with having Morris win....when we'd be thinking that his trying out was just his usual egotistical self, out of touch with reality.
    I believe Ray's band is more of a punk band. I'm trying to remember how Ray was acting about the audition beforehand - whether he looked like he wanted to do it. I suspect he might have blown the "audition" on purpose to get out of it. Could be totally off base though
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

LOVED the show last night! I think I was the only one who wasn't surprised by Abby's pregnancy. I knew what she was going to say before she said it. I think it's definitely Luka's. It's been a while since whathisname from last season moved away, so unless she's been pulling a Meredith Grey, the baby is Luka's. ITA that by telling him, she's come a long way and maybe would want to keep the baby. Before, she never would have told him. She just would have terminated the pregnancy. I love these two together, so I hope they end up together and happy, even if that is a little boring.

Ray has grown on me too. There were lots of rumors about Shane West's crappy work ethic (giving attitude, not coming to set prepared, etc.) during his first season and it was not a done deal that he'd even make it through a season. Looks like Shane AND Ray have grown up a bit.

Hallay auditioning singers was hysterical. Loved the Debbie Allen/Fame reference! Morris sounded great - very much like Hallay.

I'm glad Eve is gone. They were just trying to make her into another Weaver figure. Whether or not the patient deserved it or not, she is supposed to maintain her professionalism with patients.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular
    I wonder if Kirsten Johnston quit the show or if she was fired. When she came on the show, I think I remembered reading that she signed an extended contract. It's not like a show to fire someone so aburptly unless it just isn't working out. Too bad. I really liked her. It was one of the reasons I started watching the show again.

Abby being pregnant I think it's a horrible story line. Why is it that writers always think that bringing a baby into a show will liven it up?Most often it means that the show has "jumped the shark".

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Maybe Kirstin will be back--after all they fired a nurse before and she was back in two weeks. Of course she hadn't done anything wrong or that would get the hospital sued....
    Of course if the actress had been fired that would have given some extra oomph to those last scenes...which were indeed pretty powerful!

Spoiler Alert...

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...5/051219b.html

Click to see Spoiler:
    From sandrah: You said last week that Noah Wyle was in talks to come back to ER. Any developments?
    Yes, I'm hearing it's gonna happen. Apparently, Mr. Wyle will be back on the show for several episodes after the Olympics. Wonder how he'll feel about Abby's bun in the oven.

I can't remember that far back but i thought Abby had that abortion when she was married to Richard...it was something she was confiding to her mom...??

I'm so bummed that I missed this episode!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003 View Post
    http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...5/051219b.html

I can't remember that far back but i thought Abby had that abortion when she was married to Richard...it was something she was confiding to her mom...??

I'm so bummed that I missed this episode!!!!
    She did have an abortion. It was actually something she confided in Sam. There was an episode where Sam and Abby were treating a woman who had 5 boys and she was pregnant again and when she found out that it was going to be a girl, she was planning on aborting because she wanted all boys. Abby and Sam were outside talking about it afterwards and Sam said she almost considered aborting when she was pregnant with Alex. Abby confessed that she had an abortion when she was married to Richard. Not sure what the reason was but that's pretty much the episode. But that's a totally different story. Abby is pregnant again with Luka's baby. That's what that Carter reference was about. (How will he react to her bun in the oven) I personally think Carter will be shocked but happy for her. He has his own life with Kem now and he'll be happy to know that Abby has moved on. Not sure he'll agree with her choice to go back to Luka of all people but He'll try and be supportive.
    Last edited by Mariner; 12-30-2005 at 03:35 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

While tonight's was a repeat, they showed previews for next week. I don't know if they were in order. It said "All New Episodes". One of the things they said was "While one couple prepares for a new baby (show Abby & Luka), another faces a shock (or something like that) and we see Neela and Gallant. Neela is yelling at Gallant and crying saying "You asked me to marry you!" He wouldn't have an affair, would he? God I hope not.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    While tonight's was a repeat, they showed previews for next week. I don't know if they were in order. It said "All New Episodes". One of the things they said was "While one couple prepares for a new baby (show Abby & Luka), another faces a shock (or something like that) and we see Neela and Gallant. Neela is yelling at Gallant and crying saying "You asked me to marry you!" He wouldn't have an affair, would he? God I hope not.
    I was thinking about that preview and I think it may be intentionally misleading. Gallant may be ill or something else bad may be going on in his life, and he may try to let Neela off the hook. That would make the Neela line a positive reaffirmation of their relationship not a how could you ask me to marry you when . . . line like the preview implies. At least, that's what I hope. I really like the two of them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    I was thinking about that preview and I think it may be intentionally misleading. Gallant may be ill or something else bad may be going on in his life, and he may try to let Neela off the hook. That would make the Neela line a positive reaffirmation of their relationship not a how could you ask me to marry you when . . . line like the preview implies. At least, that's what I hope. I really like the two of them together.
    That would seemt o make since. After all, he was overseas so he could easily contract something horrible.

Good show last night. Anyone else watch?
    Has anyone heard if the guy who plays Ray (Shane West) is leaving the show? Although now that the band is kicking him out he may have to rethink that whole plan.
    Wonder if they will replace Ray with Gallant and than Ray will come back looking for his job back only to find out he has been replaced already?

I am not really liking the new doctors storyline with the girlfriend - husbands a cop thing.

+ Reply to Thread