+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 143 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Well Kristen Johnson is going to be an interesting character. She's just like her Third Rock character without the alien part; tough as nails and confrontational. I'm not sure she can really cut back Sam's ER shifts just because Sam used to sleep with Luca. The Abby/Sam/Luca love triangle is clearly getting set up. The bottom line is that Luca and Abby both want kids and care a great deal for each other. Sam is content with her one. Morris is much needed comic relief. I loved the Neela pictures to send to Gallant. He's clearly coming back to the show. Hurray! So was that the smarmy surgeon who hit on Abby last year and who was so grumpy early in the episode who was getting examined in the oncology ward? If so, let's not kill off another doctor. That's just stupid.
    Woa! I missed him getting examined in Oncology. I know that woman that Abby brought up was gonna get examined.
    5 minutes into the episode and I already loved Kristen Johnson's character. Did they ever explain exactly how that guy with no name got so severely burned? He wasn't on fire or nothing. I wonder if someone threw acid on him or something.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

There wasn't any real explanation about the burn victim. After Abby handed off the woman with the genetic propensity for breast cancer and cervical cancer in the Oncology Ward, she turned around and there was a shot of her looking into an exam room. It was a little blurry, but I think it was the surgeon. A doctor was examining his neck. It looked like he was checking his lymph nodes.
    Last edited by Mariner; 10-07-2005 at 04:00 PM.

What kind of doctors office has a glass window in the door so you can see the patient being examined?

ugh! for some reason, our vcr did not tape this! must. get. tivo.

anyone up to doing a recap???? *please*
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

as far as the surgeon in oncology - shoot i cannot remember his name at all -- if i remember correctly, there was an episode last season where he revealed to Abby that he had some sort of disorder, as I think he was pushing her to gain knowledge about that disorder. Memory is fuzzy though, and it was just a blip so I could be remembering wrong.

i enjoyed the introduction of Kristen Johnson's character.. good to have someone in there again who you will probably love to hate. When she told off Morris though, great! I hate his character with every ounce of my being and every show I hope he gets killed off.. is that bad?

and I wish I could do a recap for you, broken_princess, but I have already deleted the show from my tivo.. perhaps they have a synopsis up on the main site at nbc to read if nothing else?

I wanted to know more about the burn victim, and I hope his story continues next week.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    I wanted to know more about the burn victim, and I hope his story continues next week.
    Agreed... the episode title ("Man With No Name") made me expect a LOT more time would be spent on the burn victim. Hopefully we'll find out more next week.

oh, and the grumpy sugeon's name is Dr. Dubenko
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

I like the grumpy surgeon! I don't know why.

But what REALLY annoyed me is the mispronunciation of the breast cancer gene. In one of my weird jobs, I actually worked for the geneticist that was at the forefront of the discovery (A long story). Anyway, I fielded all the press calls, etc. While it is spelled BRCA1 and BRCA2 I always heard it pronounced 'Brick-a" not "Brac a" as they were saying it. HE was doing all the research into the Ashkenazi population that led to the discovery. Everytime they said 'Brac-a" I cringed.

However, I like Kirsten Johnson's character, and always liked her (Is it wrong to say she reminds me of Miss Piggy? She does - tough as nails, beautiful, but not afraid to get ugly to get what she wants - and her nose). I think that if she feels the relationship is interferring with patient care, then she can do what is needed with the nurse involved to fix the problem. Patient care (is supposeed to) come first. I want more Gallant, and like Neela

FORT Regular
    I love Kristen Johnston. I'm not as huge an ER fan as I used to be...but it might be worth taping just to see the mentor relationship develop between Sam and Eve.

Jerry's like me. He doesn't like Thunderstorms.
    Good for Abby tossing that coffee at that crazy driver. I'd have said "Okay #1 do you always drive like Mario Andretti in the middle of a severe rain storm? And #2 I'm in a crosswalk so show some d*** respect."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread