+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 143 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

I thought for sure that Kerry was going to run with Henry. The grandmother is a complete bitch she'll be lucky to see that baby if Kerry wins full custody. Grandma's snippy little lawyer reminded me of an annoying little chihuahua nipping at your heels. bleah.

Carter sure has come into his own. The adorable med student we met 10 years ago has certainly grown up. The previews for next week look devastating! I wonder if Kem and the baby die? Or maybe they get the news that Gallant has been killed and that is what causes Carter to fall into his father's arms in tears.

Nice save on Neela LOL dumbass PHD candidate messing around with ketamine (called Special K on the street I think - it's a vetrinary sedative)

*cue music to 1970's show Soap and add voice over man*

Will Abby pass her boards?

Will Lizzie find love?

Will Sam sleep with her ex? Will Sam and Luka break up?

Answer these questions and more next week on Soap ... uhhh ER
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I was amazed at how Carter's father was sooooo cold towards Kem. What a jerk! But I was impressed with Carter standing up to the board and saying that Gramma's money (which is now his money) will go for medicine and not just artsy-fartsy stuff.

Abby's forte seems to be in psychiatrics. Between herself and her family, she's got an inside track. IMHO (Her co-worker is a cutie-pie too. NBC will probably brew a romance for them.) I liked the fact that she was willing to do the quid-pro-quo thing with the seizure patient and admit that she doesn't follow through and quits everything. Then at the very end it shows her sitting for her boards.

Poor Neela! She seems so lost to me. And then having to baby-sit PhD's that should know better. :nono I'm looking forward to how they develop her character.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

On the news was a story about a doctor who was suspended for giving inappropriate exams to female patients. Does anyone think that he might have been watching Mehki a little too closely?

I'm thinking about the trailer for Thursday's ER as well. I'm thinking 1 of 3 things: 1: the baby dies; 2: Kem dies; or 3: they both die in a plane crash on their way back to Africa. I don't think it has anything to do with Gallant. That wouldn't have Carter that devestated.

I think I read a preview somewhere that Kim and/or the baby are in "danger." Whatever that means.

Maybe it has to do with a difficult delivery.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I think I read a preview somewhere that Kim and/or the baby are in "danger." Whatever that means.
    I bet the Kem showed up at a family gathering wearing a Packer's jersey and Carter just fell apart. Bears all the way or the wedding is off!

Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    Abby's forte seems to be in psychiatrics. Between herself and her family, she's got an inside track. IMHO (Her co-worker is a cutie-pie too. NBC will probably brew a romance for them.) I liked the fact that she was willing to do the quid-pro-quo thing with the seizure patient and admit that she doesn't follow through and quits everything. Then at the very end it shows her sitting for her boards.
    Okay, maybe one of you can clear this up for me, because I found it confusing. Right before they showed Abby going off to re-take her boards, didn't the psych guy say something like "The coffeeshop is still open. Want to go study?"? By saying the shop was *still* open, I inferred it was pretty late. So how'd she go and take her boards right then? And if it was morning or early afternoon, as you'd expect it would need to be in order to take a huge test like the USMLE, why'd he say "still"?

Just a little detail that I found annoying.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Okay, maybe one of you can clear this up for me, because I found it confusing. Right before they showed Abby going off to re-take her boards, didn't the psych guy say something like "The coffeeshop is still open. Want to go study?"? By saying the shop was *still* open, I inferred it was pretty late. So how'd she go and take her boards right then? And if it was morning or early afternoon, as you'd expect it would need to be in order to take a huge test like the USMLE, why'd he say "still"?Just a little detail that I found annoying.
    Very interesting. I didnt notice that line AmandaG - very astute catch.

I wonder if he was speaking figuratively as if the "coffee shop" was 'he himself' and he was offering to sit with her wherever, have a coffee and study. Like Fonzie used to say "step into my office" when he meant he was about to distribute advice in the can.

If he meant the coffee shop in the hospital - its probably open 24/7 and the place across the street - Doc Magoos - was destroyed by fire (or maybe they rebuilt it) and was also open 24/7 anyway so no need for him to point out that it was "open" like you said.

If it was indeed a mistake - it was probably made in editing and the original script had some sort of bridge conversation that would have provided the missing time-line but that wound-up on the cutting room floor.
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-04-2004 at 11:49 AM.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I didn't perceive the board test taking place immediately after the "coffee and studying" invitation.

To me, he was flirting and hinting at something other than studying. Abby cuts him off with holding up the books and showing that she's trying to be serious and following through with something for the first time in her life. He's quite the cutie, and it would be really easy for Abby to blow off studying to do other kinds of 'physical exams'.

You're right, Amanda, it did sort of run together to make you think that she's doing the board test really late at night. (Maybe with the crazy schedule of med students, the board exams are held at all times of the day and night?)
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

+ Reply to Thread