+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4191131132133134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1424

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

FORT Fanatic

Re: ER - Emergency Room

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3402277;
    Initial ratings from the Associated Press, citing Nielsen, were 16.4 million.

The article says

Link: The Associated Press: More than 16 million watch `ER' finale
    The M*A*S*H Finale drew 106 million viewers. That's HUGE!!! I think everyone watched that show. Of course, this was before TiVo and Cable and YouTube. If I remember right, there might not have been anything on opposite it to complete.

When you put it like that, I guess it wasn't so bad. I was kind of thinking it should've been a more clear cut ending but now that I read your post, I guess it was good.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like that you did get a sense of in what directions a lot of the people were going. Neela had to leave and join in via web cam because, in real life, she should be well along in her pregnancy by now.

Hell, I'm still stewing over 'The Sopranos' ending, of course, it's fun speculating. This ending was almost perfect.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm just glad they didn't make ER end up as a dream like it has been done on other final shows!

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3402375;

I like that the finale was largely "just another day in the ER", since they'd already spent half the season wrapping up individual characters' stories. For a show that is going to play forever in syndication, I kind of like that there isn't some huge ending where the hospital blows up, or is closed down. That would cast a shadow over all the other episodes as I watch them. I like huge endings for other genres, like sci-fi, but for a show like ER, it's nice to think that they're still there, doing their job...
    Spot-on. I was thinking about this today while out running errands.

At least once I posted here that after watching for 15 years, these characters have become like my "friends," and I'm going to miss seeing them every week. If the finale had included the hospital blowing up or closing down or more characters dying (RIP Pratt, Green, Lucy!), that would've been so sad and I think that really would've affected my mental state! Heh. But instead, it's nice to think that the characters are still doing as they've always done, carrying on at County and their other new gigs, going forward, living normal lives, etc. I feel good about it.

I'm also satisfied with the Carter-Kem (Kym?) thing. I never liked her much with Carter and even last night, she was cold to him (I thought). I mean, she showed up for his opening, OK. But I didn't get the feeling they were headed toward reconciliation, and that's fine with me. Carter needs somebody warmer in his life, somebody who works with him as a partner or teammate when bad things happen that they have to overcome together. I can imagine Carter trying to reconcile for awhile but later finally realizing that it's over and he has to move on. I think he'll be really happy when he does.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

I enjoyed the ending because it really wasn't a ending. I felt that all my faves are in a good place any everything is moving forward in their lives.

FORT Fan

Did you guys like that it was a 2 hour long finale or do you think they could've wrapped things up in an hour? I kind of wish the finale was an hour and the retrospective was 2.

Like someone else mentioned, it was great seeing so many of the later cast members were such fans of the show in the early. They all seem to have really enjoyed their experience on the show, at least as far as the experience in itself and the connection they all share with one another.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

I'm perplexed, too, that Gloria Reuben/Jeanne Broulet wasn't mentioned at all in the clipfest nor the finale -- especially since she interacted so much with the main characters. And that her storyline with heterosexual HIV was a big thing at the time in that no other TV show was dealing with it -- at least not to the extent that ER did. I can't remember -- was there some sort of contract dispute/tiff or whatever when Gloria Reuben left? Is her oh-so-obvious absence from the finale due to office/studio politics?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3402542;
    I'm perplexed, too, that Gloria Reuben/Jeanne Broulet wasn't mentioned at all in the clipfest nor the finale -- especially since she interacted so much with the main characters. And that her storyline with heterosexual HIV was a big thing at the time in that no other TV show was dealing with it -- at least not to the extent that ER did. I can't remember -- was there some sort of contract dispute/tiff or whatever when Gloria Reuben left? Is her oh-so-obvious absence from the finale due to office/studio politics?
    No. She left on very good terms. She had auditioned and was selected to be one of Tina Turner's back-up singer/dancers on her 24/7 tour, which had been a life long dream of Gloria's. So she left the show to pursue that opportunity. I saw her perform on that tour, and she was very deserving of the job! I don't think she was omitted intentionally. I just think that they had so much to cover that they couldn't fit it all in. So they decided to cover the very beginning and the end, sacrificing the middle.

That's too bad. She was one of my favorites, as was her storyline. Oh well.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread