+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1424

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: ER - Emergency Room

What an end to a magnificent era of TV writing/filming/acting! I laughed, I cried. I thought it odd that they didn't have Gloria Ruben also. I liked this program because it actually mentioned topics that were forbidden at one time. I loved the retrospective, but I also liked the way certain stories were finalized-wasn't Ernest Borgnine absolutely wonderful?!

I liked how they came full circle with Rachael Green becoming a doctor like her Dad. I hadn't watched ER in years so I couldn't relate to most of the docs. I liked seeing the two guys who work at the desk again though.

I thought it was a pretty great finale. I cried many times, especially during the clip episode when Mark died and the very end when the original music kicked in. I might have to go add the first disk of season one to my Netflix queue. After watching the finale, I would like to go back and watch the pilot. Maybe they have it online...

ETA.. No luck finding the pilot online, just a couple of clips. It looks like they have clips from a lot of different seasons for anyone who is interested. Too bad though, I was hoping they might have put up the pilot for nostalgia.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 04-03-2009 at 12:12 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Giving Sam that hot red car was just ridiculous. They always imply she is living hand-to-mouth in crummy places. She would leave that car parked on the street, and it would be stolen in 10 minutes, tops.

What ever happened to the heart transplant woman with the daughter? An earlier episode implied she was having problems. The young teen with alchohol poisoning?? Guess we will never know.

I thought the Carter Center architecture - what little we could see of it - was way over the top and very impersonal.

The Kem-John Carter thing sure fizzled out - as I expected. I just didn't see those two together.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3402198;
    I thought it was a pretty great finale. I cried many times, especially during the clip episode when Mark died and the very end when the original music kicked in. I might have to go add the first disk of season one to my Netflix queue. After watching the finale, I would like to go back and watch the pilot. Maybe they have it online...
    Speaking of that portion of the retrospective show, I thought it was very touching how emotional Alex Kingston got talking about the last few scenes of Mark's death all these years later.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that Sam receiving the car for her birthday was speaking to her moving forward and getting on with her life, without holding back....not about the future of the car. She was able to accept this very special gift from her son.....and, moreso, from the man that she had been resisting and trying to force out of her life for so long. She finally let her guard down, and then they, quietly, joined hands. She was opening up, tearing down those walls. I liked the way that they handled that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

I did too proshay, and I wasn't even so much a Gates-Sam fan.

Finally, some evolution of both characters, but particularly Sam.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3397872;
    Currently, the most watched single episode of tv is the M*A*S*H Finale. I wonder if the ER finale will beat that?
    Initial ratings from the Associated Press, citing Nielsen, were 16.4 million.

The article says

NEW YORK (AP) Nielsen Media Research says that 16.4 million people watched the two-hour finale of "ER." That's the most-watched swan song for a television drama since "Murder She Wrote" in 1996.

The groundbreaking medical drama called it quits Thursday after 15 years on NBC. It ended on a hopeful note with the daughter of Dr. Mark Greene eager to practice medicine where her father did.

The audience Thursday night was nearly double what it has been for this final season, yet still half what it was when "ER" and NBC's "must-see" Thursday night lineup ruled television.
    Link: The Associated Press: More than 16 million watch `ER' finale
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3401967;
    And Alexis Bledel was great. Honestly, I could've been watching her all season instead of some of the other docs.
    And finally, I liked the Rachel touch. Mark once guided Carter and now Carter will be guiding Rachel. It's all come full circle. Now the final "Must See TV" show has come to an end.
    I thought Alexis Bledel was great! Too bad they couldn't have gotten her for the whole season. I was more intrigued with her character then all of the new interns and some of the other docs combined. Instead of the John Stamos/Tony Gates spinoff (rumor, not confirmed), they should try to develop a new show for Alexis.

Quote Originally Posted by shyra;3401972;
    In Canada they are advertising a new show for Thursday nights that was made by the ER people and it looks like it will be good! I can't remember the name though...go figure.
    The show is called Southland, and I agree, it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3402004;
    And I'm in the minority when I say I probably could have used a little less Rachel but I wasn't a big fan of her character at any point in the series.
    Rachel was better than Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3402245;
    Speaking of that portion of the retrospective show, I thought it was very touching how emotional Alex Kingston got talking about the last few scenes of Mark's death all these years later.
    That got to me too. It set things in a new perspective for me, since there were stories of unhappiness between Kingston and the producers when she left. It appears that whatever friction there was may have been overblown in the press.

I like that the finale was largely "just another day in the ER", since they'd already spent half the season wrapping up individual characters' stories. For a show that is going to play forever in syndication, I kind of like that there isn't some huge ending where the hospital blows up, or is closed down. That would cast a shadow over all the other episodes as I watch them. I like huge endings for other genres, like sci-fi, but for a show like ER, it's nice to think that they're still there, doing their job...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread