+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3989129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1424

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

Re: ER - Emergency Room

I didn't realize they stopped playing the theme song. I haven't watched it in several years, though. Maybe I did realize it back then and don't remember.

I know when Weaver was on years ago, they never discussed her leg handicap and the writers were all praised for focusing on her, the doctor, not her physical impairment, as it didn't really effect her doctoring. I notice tonight that she was walking without her brace. Did they ever acknowledge that when she came back? Or was it "just one of those things" and since it never needed reference before, they didn't reference it this time?

FORT Fan

I think a few season back Kerry started having some sort of hip problems or something like. All I remember is that she needed surgery which she was hesitant about because her brace was such a part of her identity. But eventually she went through with it, and she no longer needed the cane. There's a great scene where she's walking through the ER for the first time without it and no one says anything about it and that makes her happy because they've always just seen her and not the brace.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

FORT Fanatic

I couldn't stop crying through out the retrospective. Oh my gosh. It's amazing how we let a tv show affect us so much, but it sure did. Especially when they showed the scene of Lucy lying on the floor after she'd been stabbed. Or when they showed the scenes of Mark right before he died. Oh my gosh. Here I go again.....

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3401981;
    I didn't realize they stopped playing the theme song. I haven't watched it in several years, though. Maybe I did realize it back then and don't remember.

I know when Weaver was on years ago, they never discussed her leg handicap and the writers were all praised for focusing on her, the doctor, not her physical impairment, as it didn't really effect her doctoring. I notice tonight that she was walking without her brace. Did they ever acknowledge that when she came back? Or was it "just one of those things" and since it never needed reference before, they didn't reference it this time?
    When Kerry finally met her birth mother (it had been revealed sometime before that she was adopted), she explained to her mother that she was born with congenital hip displasia. Fairly soon after that, Kerry started having severe pain and she ended up having a full hip replacement, partially so that she could have the ability to keep up with her son Henry.

I liked the retrospective part the best of the night.

I felt sort of like something was missing too. It wasn't my favorite finale of all time and not that memorable to me. And I'm in the minority when I say I probably could have used a little less Rachel but I wasn't a big fan of her character at any point in the series.

But it was a pleasant way to wrap it up.

FORT Fan

ER has always told patient stories, how the affect the docs, and dabble their personal problems throughout the episdoe but I think tonight, there weren't any doctors to connect to, for me at least. Like I said I enjoyed Alexis Bledel but aside from her, when they cut away from the patients, I didn't care what was happening with any of the doctors or how they were feeling emotionally, and I think that's what was missing.

Did anyone find it strange that there wasn't a single clip of Genie and/or the HIV storyline? It was one of their best but there was no mention.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

I'm left feeling like I wanted a little more from the finale ... but honestly, it was a super-great finale, and this feeling I'm having is that I think I simply just want more ER.

The clip show that was on before the finale was awesome.

I guess I'm going to have to start collecting the season box sets, and then start watching the series over again from the beginning. Heh, one episode a week, on Thursdays.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3402012;
    I'm left feeling like I wanted a little more from the finale ... but honestly, it was a super-great finale, and this feeling I'm having is that I think I simply just want more ER.

The clip show that was on before the finale was awesome.

I guess I'm going to have to start collecting the season box sets, and then start watching the series over again from the beginning. Heh, one episode a week, on Thursdays.

Diddo-I haven't watched in years. I think I stopped watching after Clooney left. I used to love the show but got bored.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lookinout2;3402007;

Did anyone find it strange that there wasn't a single clip of Genie and/or the HIV storyline? It was one of their best but there was no mention.
    That was one of the first things that I noticed, and it annoyed me at first. I realized that there was virtually no Gloria Ruben at all. But then I started thinking about all of the various touching and memorable storylines that they did not mention at all -- Carol setting the room aside for the mother whose little boy had died to rock her son's body one last time, Dr Anspaugh's son dying, the attraction / tension between Mark and Susan and their farewell at the train, etc. I had this list going on in my mind of all the great moments and storylines that weren't touched on at all, and realized that it just drove home what an outstanding show ER was. They could not recap all of it in an hour.

I thought one of the best things about the retrospective was the talk from stars of the show who weren't on originally about their thoughts on the show as viewers when it first started. To me, that really drove home how unique ER is in many ways to have a cast that has rotated THAT much, and yet seemed so seamless.

I came to ER after the Dr. Ross era and probably right around the time Mark was dying. I liked that they came full circle with Mark's daughter and Dr. Carter. In my version of the ending, I think Dr. Carter stays in Chicago and Kem goes back to Paris. I had always held out hope he and Abby would get back together but then I really came to like her and Luka together.

I think there were just so many characters that it was hard to wrap up everyone's story so they've been trying to do it little by little along the way. We know from previous episodes that Dr. Banfield adopts the baby, Morris finds love with the cop, Dr. Brenner is on the road to healing by going to therapy, and Neela ends up with Ray. In the finale we see a glimpse of reconciliation between Gates and Sam. I did think we should have seen more of Dr. Dubenko.

All in all though it was a good finale. And in this day of ending shows without any closure, it's nice that ER was given the opportunity.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread