+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: ER - Emergency Room

Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but DAMN Blair Underwood is beautiful.

Okay, sorry. Um, I don't know who's coming back and who isn't, but if Chen doesn't come back, then it was very stupid for them to not wrap up what was going on with her dad. He punches her in the face, and we get no closure? Pfft.

I know, I just want to shove that pink-and-purple twink out of the way.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Some news for next season, the article contains spoilers regarding who's leaving.

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/entertainment/news/story0.htm

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/entertainment/news/story2.htm (same link as above)

Spoiler - you were warned
    'TOO OLD' ALEX, 41, IS AXED FROM ER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

British actress Alex Kingston is being axed from US TV series ER because she is too old, she has claimed.

The 41-year-old launched a withering attack on the show's producers after they told her that her contract would not be renewed.

For the past seven years she has played British surgeon Dr Elizabeth Corday, raking in $150,000 per episode.

But she claims bosses are writing her out because they want to concentrate on younger cast members, who include 28-year-old Bend It Like Beckham star Parminder Nagra.

The show, now in its tenth year, has become preoccupied with youth, she said.

"I suddenly felt very old surrounded by these young 20-somethings," she complained in a Radio Times interview.

"Does it mean that I'm the geriatric that's being pushed out because she's too old? [The show] definitely seems to be taking a different tone. I understand it needs to keep reinventing itself in order to keep going and apparently I, according to the producers and the writers, am part of the old fogeys who are no longer interesting.

"In that respect it's a shame. It's fine to have young med students, but you need to have figures of authority, people of different ages, races, shapes and sizes. The classics are all on their way out. And what happens when they've gone, which will be very soon?"

For the past two years she has feared getting the axe but the news still came as a shock, she said.

Kingston, once married to Ralph Fiennes, lives in California with her German-born second husband Florian Haertel and their three-year-old daughter Salome.
    man! that sucks!! I really like Elizabeth, I liked her evolving storyline too.. buggers
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    I am going to tread jump here just for a brief second.

Several posters have mentioned how beautiful Carrie Weaver looks in the cast photo.

The truth of the matter is, that the actress Laura Innes is a stunningly beautiful woman. They just ugly her up a bit for the show – which is understandable for the character she plays.

BUT - this is a pattern you see all over TV. NYPD Blue uglies up Charlotte Ross and they used to do the same with Sharon Lawrence, making her look older and more matronly than she is in real life. You see these actresses on talk shows and in magazines and you are like "Wowza!"

OK, fine, this is acting and getting into character etc. But its almost as if the powers that be feel that - not only would we not accept a less than attractive actress as a star of a TV show - we would not even accept a less than attractive actress playing a less than attractive character and that they need to take a pretty actress and ugly her up.

And even on a show like “Friends” – when they show the flashback scenes of “Fat Monica” – they don’t just make her overweight, Monica suddenly becomes this dysfunctional oaf who dresses like a coach cushion and cant carry on a normal conversation – as if gaining weight made her lose her fashion sense, intelligence and ability to function as a normal person.

It just doesn’t seem right to send a message that your place in this word is directly proportionate to how cute you are.

FORT Regular
    With Corady leaving who are they going to call to the ER for a surgical consult? Are there any familiar surgeons left on the show?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexa
    With Corady leaving who are they going to call to the ER for a surgical consult? Are there any familiar surgeons left on the show?
    Wow, that is an exceptionally poigniant question. For a while there you had Benson, Corday, Anspaugh, Romano...practically a half-dozen surgeons. Now zippo.

There's always still Ansbaugh as the old stand-by, but he's always just been a bit player even if he is head honcho.

My guess is that they will bring in a new surgeon. Of course they will be an exceptionally good looking man or woman - with some sort of exotic and romantic accent.

like the one that Lizzy was already dating? the Brit?

There is a new actor joining the show next season.. I forget his name but I posted his pic earlier in this thread.
    Maybe he's a surgeon.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

When does the new season of ER start? I've been waiting and waiting to see the aftermath of the season finale! As far as the whole Kem thing, I honestly don't see Kem and Carter working out. I think that the loss of the baby may end up being the relationship's demise. It happens quite often actually. Besides, I honestly think that Carter may still somewhat carry a little torch for Abby. He may not ever admit it but I think it's there. I think she still cares, too. As far as Sam? Good-bye! I can't stand her anymore. She needs to hit the bricks and Luka needs to find a woman who's not only his own age but who can really give him what he's looking for.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm getting my ER fix this past week from renting season one on DVD. Hopefully, it will hold me over until the new season starts.

+ Reply to Thread