+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Band of Brothers to air on History Channel

Band of Brothers to air on History Channel

For those of you who missed Band of Brothers on HBO, the History channel will begin airing the nine part mini-series on Sunday April 11th thru April 19th. Each episode begins at 9pm EST and finishes between 10:00 and 10:25PM. Some episodes are longer than others so set your VCR's accordingly.

From HistoryChannel.com:

They were ordinary men, swept up in the most extraordinary conflict in history. With the eyes of the world upon them, they found their greatest source of strength in each other. From Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, this is the story of Easy Company--an elite team of U.S. paratroopers whose WWII exploits are as incredible as they are true.

This is a incredible homage to the men who fought in WWII. I highly recommend watching it as the acting and cinematography are exceptional.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Jay
    It's an amazing mini-series. I loved it so much I bought the DVD set.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    It's an amazing mini-series. I loved it so much I bought the DVD set.
    I hear ya! The bonus disc is awesome.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

History Channel: All Hitler, All the Time

Well, son of a...! Just when I got off my cheap ass and subscribed to HBO (for The Sopranos) and was looking forward to seeing other HBO stuff I missed in the last couple of years...!

On another note, a friend and I were once discussing The History Channel, and I made the comment "Have you noticed it's like 'All Hitler, All the Time'?"

And he said, "Yeah, if it wasn't for World War II, I don't know what The History Channel would have done."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Well, son of a...! Just when I got off my cheap ass and subscribed to HBO (for The Sopranos) and was looking forward to seeing other HBO stuff I missed in the last couple of years...!

On another note, a friend and I were once discussing The History Channel, and I made the comment "Have you noticed it's like 'All Hitler, All the Time'?"

And he said, "Yeah, if it wasn't for World War II, I don't know what The History Channel would have done."
    Haha! I hear ya on that one. Just once I'd like to see a show about basket weaving and the importance it played in history.

Although, lately there's been a lot of stuff on the Alamo. Maybe they had to reload the WWII stuff!

+ Reply to Thread