+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orbach may be leaving Law & Order

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    I liked Elizabeth Rohn on Angel, too, but I LOVED Angie Harmon on L&O - she was my favorite ADA. I'm still not fully invested in Elizabeth on Law & Order yet, but she's grown on me. She's really gotten much better. I can't imagine the show without Jerry Orbach. I hope he doesn't leave.
    I couldn't stand Elizabeth Rohm on Angel, in fact she's one of the reasons why i stopped watching the show all together! But i love Angie Harmon on L&O, she's my favourite ADA aswell. I can't imagine it without her, Jerry or Sam Waterston. The character of Abbie is my favourite, she shows compassion but is strong aswell.

I'm still hoping that the "may" is a "may" and that he isn't going to leave the show. Yet what other show could succeed despite several cast changes and an entire cast overhaul since it first aired? The actors do a great job but in Law & Order's case they are secondary to the plot and the cases. Very little is known about their private lives and whatever happens L&O will remain L&O.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I heard on the radio this week during Howie Carr's weekly Max Robbins segment that Jerry is most definitely leaving... He's supposed to initially spin off into a new L&O Spin off and then fade out of that too...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie
    The show always seems to pull through though... I'll miss Lenny though! I think the best years were with Orbach and Noth... I didn't like Benjamin Bratt that much... They're going to have to cast the hell out of that part though... Maybe they'll move someone over from one of the spin offs?
    They could bring Richard Belzer's character, John Munch, over from SVU, if they want to replace Lennie with a detective who has a similiar wit and personality. You know, Belzer's Munch is well-travelled. He's been on the original L&O before in crossover episodes. Remember when L&O and Homicide: Life on the Street did those crossover storylines about 7 years ago? Homicide is the show where Belzer's character originated. In fact, he crossed over with Munch on the X-Files and The Beat as well. (I don't remember that last show).

Personally, I'd rather they bring in a brand new character to replace Lennie - rather than bring back an old character or take from one of the spin-offs. L&O will survive without Briscoe; they always do, because it's really about the stories and not the cops'/prosecutors' lives as we all know. That said, I will miss Lennie Briscoe too.

I love Munch! I miss Homicide:Life on the Street. Best cop show ever.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

LG.
    I'll miss Orbach, but I think the show will survive. I remember I didn't think the show would ever be good without Michael Moriarty as the lead ADA (or Adam Schiff as the DA) but the show keeps going strong.

Is this new edition really the "fourth" though, as last summer there was L&0: Crime and Punishment with real trial footage with California district attorneys and defense lawyers (not actors) appearing in court at actual criminal trials.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree with most, i'll miss Lennie but i'm sure the show will go on as it's always been about the stories. I forgot that Adam's gone aswell! What is the show like now? Is it still good? I'm still watching it with Abbie and Adam, it'll be ages since i notice the changes!

I still miss Michael Moriarty. (I had a huge crush on him, too ) But somehow, the show has always been good regardless of the character changes. I'm a Munch fan too, but I wouldn't want the SVU cast broken up - the cops, at any rate. The show's topics are pretty grim but I really enjoy those 4 actors.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That's really sad to hear. I wonder if they'll replace him with a similar character, older cop, seen it all. Or if they will go for the opposite, a young learning the ropes type of character?

Jay
    Hmm, would they cast a woman as a detective?

I wish they would cast a detective who has a bit of a temper like Logan. He wasn't afraid to rough up the occasional perp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast