+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The first show

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

The first show

I gave it 20 minutes (tivo time) and called it quits. If a show can't capture my interest by either being entertaining or so cheesey I can't stop watching (BB3) within 20 minutes, then it's outta there!

I guess my Tuesdays remain showless.

I was trying to watch it too BF , but I couldn't get into it.
    I can't watch a show looking out for clues, that's why I made it my mission to never bother looking for clues during the Mole as it totally spoils my enjoyment of the show.

I'm preserving it, Tivo style, for later but I really don't think I'll bother watching it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    I watched the first episode, toddler in tow for the first half (before I hear any tsk tsking, remember I'm in Central time zone ), but I had a hard time getting into it too. I kept thinking about the actual IRS agents that I'm in contact with all the time in the course of my job and the whole premise is laughably silly. Too Twin Peaks, even though Prufrockt is rather cute.

Time to watch Elimidate and Shipmates. Tuesday nights are terrible tv watching nights. I did hear that The Shield will be returning in January, and I think that was a Tuesday show. Isn't 24 on Tuesdays? I can't wait for my weekly Kiefer fix to start up again.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Wow, this show suh-ucked. I can get into just about anything, but this show has the WORST actors I've ever seen. If they were trying for moody, they went all the way over the edge into painful to watch.

I hav it on tape, but I'm sure it's not going to survive a second viewing. It's sure a good thing the producers have promised to give away the money even if it get cancelled early, because I have this *feeling*.

John

I didn't even watch, knowing it's getting moved to Thursdays (or Wednesdays ~ some night I already have tv watching plans ) I didn't want to get "hooked" Guess maybe I'm glad we missed it!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Good point Cali! I had not thought of that

AS IF this is going to survive against CSI. Cha!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Heh. I thought it was good, actually. They're shooting for a particular atmosphere about the show, and I think they nailed it in the first episode. Kind of a self-conscious hard-boiled '50's detective mystery. The dialogue was fun, especially when Prufrock laid into Bottnick in his office.

'Course, if it's running opposite CSI, it's going to be completely buried.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I'm going to try and watch it again today, but I really don't see me getting through it.

I shall try to remain positive though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    If you do, take notes on all the times they focus in on numbers and times, fluff. I was thinking about that while watching it last night, but was also playing with my daughter and had no way to capture the number (such as the room number on his hotel room, which looked like a dollar amount and which I think changed from when we went into the room and when he was leaving) and also the population and elevation of the town, as that might also be a factor. When he was walking to the trendy nightclub they made a point of showing his watch time also, might be something.

My wild-ass theory after seeing exactly 1 show, and not really all of it at that - the clues are all items to be found on the tax return balance sheet. Does anyone remember what number of tax form the fax to the IRS office was, or what numbers were listed in the opening sequence? You can get IRS forms from the IRS website, www.irs.gov under the forms and publications tabs, but number and by year (year is important with IRS forms as they are constantly updated and the lines may not line up the same if you have the wrong year). Anyway, lots and lots of babbling, but I really think that the viewer who will win the $million will be an accountant or someone else with an accouting background who correctly lines up the numbers featured on the show with the correct IRS form or other accounting spreadsheet to see where the descrepancy was that Prufrock is investigating. Maybe we could do that here too, I know some but not everything about IRS forms (quick, let's get a CPA on the site), but we'll also need someone else who's more carefully watching the show. If the show really tanks and doesn't have tons of loyal viewers, some gunners will take the cash.

Whether or not the show is worth watching, well, that is another matter completely.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

It appears that viewers will need to record a single clue about each chow. It further looks like the title of the show indicates what clue you need to look for in that episode. I suspect many people will assemble all of the clues correctly, which means the actual winner will be selected from that pool, kind of like a lottery.

I don't know that I'm right, but that's my current operating assumption.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast