+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The first show

When I mentioned the deficit on the fax to my wife, she said, "That makes me think the prize is $104,500 because it's the only one that's missing in that progression." Brilliant notion. That's why I married her.

I still think it's $1.045M, though, because I think Regis said, "You're 12 questions away from blah blah blah", and I think that's the exact number of Clues left to go.

BTW, this is my 100th post on the new site.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    I'm pretty sure they are plugging the grand prize as over a million, Paulie, but leaving the exact figure as the first "clue". A $1,045 prize isn't going to get people too whipped up (starting dedicated websites, etc). I could be wrong, but I thought some ads said over a mil.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

$104,500 is still kinda beefy, but I get your drift. Like I said, I'm still in the $1,045,000 camp. My wife's thinking is what I was talking about earlier. A perfectly acceptable (albeit probably wrong) interpretation of the hints might be:

----------------------
    Saw $1,045 on the door
    Saw $10,450 on the fax
    $104,500 is missing
    Heard $1,045,000 on the WWTBAM clip

So how much money is missing? $104,500.
    ----------------------

I think it's these kinds of valid and wrong interpretations with the later (and presumably more difficult clues) that will cause everyone's answers to diverge. As a result, a commensurately smaller group of participants will have all the clues in hand when the Entry Window opens.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

LG.
    Who wrote the text that follows the forum menu title for this forum on this very site, was it John, as if you look at it is says they are giving away over a million dollars.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yeah, but see, I don't use my eyes or look around very often.

LG.
    From the ABC site "rules" section, Paulie:
    4. GRAND PRIZE:

The Grand Prize Winner will receive (subject to compliance with the Official Rules and verification of eligibility) as the grand prize (the "Grand Prize"), a sum equal to the amount of money identified as "stolen" in the first episode of the Program (less any applicable withholdings and deductions required under the laws of the United States and any other tax authority). The Grand Prize will be in an amount not less than $1,000,000. There are no other prizes. Prize money will be awarded to the eligible Grand Prize Winner within 90 days following the initial broadcast of the Final Episode, provided that the Grand Prize Winner furnishes all information (including, without limitation, social security number) and documentation required by Producer and further provided that the Grand Prize Winner meets all terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a 1099 form in the total amount of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes on his/her prize. Failure of the Grand Prize Winner to abide by the Official Rules, to provide any information or documentation requested by Producer, or to execute and return any release and/or authorization requested by Producer will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. The Grand Prize will be awarded only to the single individual who is the Grand Prize Winner.

Ha, I found their specific mention of an IRS Form 1099 pretty darn funny.

LG.
    That ABC site has everything, including a link to the fax document.

http://www.enochonline.com/pdf/fax.pdf

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that.

That extra $45,000 helps them comfortably satisfy their "not less than" clause. Thanks for the update, LG!

LG.
    No problem, Paulie buddy. Now if I only has so much enthusiam about my job today . . .

get to work, LG!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast