+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The first show

When he walks out. There's a dollar sign in front of it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    I think that Regis said on WWBTAM that the contestant was playing for $1,025,000.00 so that is most likely the amount, but I could have transposed that in my brain, so maybe it was really $1,205,000 or something closer to the $1.2 million figure I'd seen elsewhere. That room number had a dollar sign, didn't it. Not too subtle. What was the difference between the entering and leaving amount? Was it the cost of the night's lodging, by any chance. You know as an IRS agent Prufrock is iteming his business expenses during his trip for reimbursement purposes.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think there will wind up being several plausible interpretations for each hint, which will result in everyone winding up with wildly divergent theories.

You know, for a show that nobody liked, we've sure had a lot to say about this episode.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Um, okay Paulie, I went and checked out a few other sites to see what they were saying, and I see how you're getting the amount. We might as well post it here, I guess

Regis says "Are you ready to start playing for $1,045,000?", and the room number on the door is "$1,045" I guess that makes the number everyone's thinking about $1,045,000. Apparently, the numbers on the fax show a deficit of $10,450. So, it's all in line.

John

Nobody liked a lot of the reality shows that have been on, but we still talk about 'em

This is at least spoilable.

LG.
    I like the idea of the game, Paulie, but laughed so hard at the thought of an IRS agent going into the field alone to investigate something based on a random fax. Oh yes, the overworked government employees have nothing else on their plate and all have such nice offices and their own secretaries - LMAO. They don't have tons of other audits to work so they can go on a "field trip" on a whim. The men and women of the IRS work really hard for not so great pay and get way too little respect from the public for what they do. I loved Prufrock's speech to Silas, as he was right on the money. Wow, I'm sounding very pro-IRS today, and I've had my turns with them, but the folks at EOEP (exempt organizations and employee plans) the division my clients work with, take their jobs very seriously and have tons of work to do.

As for the show, I think it's trying too hard to be "quirky" and it comes off as Twin Peaks II with a little game attached. I think it's going to get buried on Thursday nights.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Good point, LG, on the IRS field trip. I guess I let my disbelief get suspended right away. The whole "frozen man doesn't show up on the heat sensor" thing started the show off on an unbelievable foot.

And, yeah, John, that was the figure I'd come up with. I'm curious about how discussion of this show will go. When the prize is $1.045M, I can't imagine people will be very forthcoming about sharing hints. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I think you're wrong. I think people will post spoiler info anyway, but I could be wrong.

I just hope the clues get harder than seeing $1,0145 on a door and hearing $1,045,000 on TV.

John

LG.
    pshaw, that money is pocket change to me. I'll definitely be sharing my thoughts. Actually, I doubt I'll be able to catch most of the episodes if it's on against CSI, so that's the real reason I think I haven't got a snowball's chance of winning it if I have to "go it alone" so to speak. I'll be happy to blather every idea that comes to mind, but if someone here does solve and get cash I hope they kick some to the board to help with the start-up and ongoing costs of the site. Otherwise, go wild.

ps, I think they are being wildly blatent on this one hint because they want people to know how much prize money is at stake, so they will make it as obvious as needed to get the amount "out there" at least in an internet sense. hopefully the other hints will not be quite as blatent "bill is the clumsy mole" style.

You are probably right, John. Part of the spoiler mentality is being the first to post what you know. I think I'd be very hesitant to seek out other posted opinions on this topic, though, or to post my own thoughts, simply because it is a mystery, and I learned my lesson at the age of 14 when I foolishly read the last page of Agatha Christie's "Curtain" before I started reading the book. I don't mind spoiling Survivor or having it spoiled for me, but I'm less inclined to give away components of a mystery. Weird, huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast