+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Law and Order

Law and Order

I love Law and Order and Law and Order SVU. But, what is up with Law and Order Criminal Intent? I can't stand the main actor in that show. Please take it off the air!

It used to be a very good, nuanced show. I don't know what on earth has happened to it lately, but it looks to me like Rene Balcer and the writers have basically laid down and are letting Vincent D'Onofrio call every single shot. His character has gone from quirky and odd to outright obnoxious and arrogant - it's not fun to watch at all anymore, I quit when Eames/Erbe went on maternity leave and haven't watched a show since. It seems to be all about how smart Goren is and giving him scenes where the character can show off all of the obscure little factoids he's stewing in his brain. There's little, if any, mystery and even less drama wondering if the bad guy will get caught or not.

It's a bummer, I was really into this show when it first came on and thought it was as good as the original, but it's definitely not anymore. If you watch shows from the first season and compare them to this year, you can see a huge difference.

nicely put.

I love Law & Order aswell, but i live in the UK and we're 4 seasons behind and we're just on season 1 of Criminal Intent. I never watched SVU (they aired season 1 last year but i missed them all), but from what i've heard it's really good so i'm hoping i can watch the new season. As for Criminal Intent, i'm still trying to get into it, i don't really like the acting of Eames and Goren is a little annoying now so i can't imagine what he's like in the new episodes!

SVU is excellent, but I can't get into Criminal intent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    SVU is excellent, but I can't get into Criminal intent at all.
    I really wish i saw SVU when it was on, sounds great! I hope they air it again or the new series soon! I'm still trying to get into Criminal Intent, some episodes are great, some are boring! I noticed your in the UK aswell!

I love Law and Order so much that I even bought the PC game. The game is pretty fun just like the show with all the character's real voices. I still like SVU and Criminal Intent...just not as much as the original.

On C.I. the guy is like some kind of a savant...Creeps me out a little bit! SVU is my fav. Stabler and Benson are great, I can even deal with John Munch!! Too bad Stabler is married, Him and Benson would be great for each other. Besides everyone she dates ususally ends up dead!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

NBC has just announced that Dennis Farina will be joining the cast of the original "Law & Order".

If Jerry Orbach has to go, I can definitely live with that.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast