+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Sinise signs on for lead in CSI: New York

Gary Sinise signs on for lead in CSI: New York

Sinise Takes Bite of 'CSI' Big Apple

Thu Mar 18,12:52 AM ET
    By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - After weeks of on-again, off-again talks, Gary Sinise has signed on to star in CBS' "CSI: New York," his first foray into series television.

Sinise will play a crime-scene investigator who leads a team of crime scene investigators in the Big Apple.

Sources said the Emmy-winning actor will be paid $120,000-$150,000 per episode. (By contrast, Ray Romano is reportedly the highest-paid TV actor, earning between $1.7 million and $2 million for each episode of CBS' "Everybody Loves Raymond.")

"We're thrilled to get an actor like Gary Sinise, who is someone we've been chasing for many years," CBS chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves said. "What especially makes it great is to get an actor who will give such distinction to the third 'CSI' and really distinguish it from the other two shows. He's just a great get for us."

The characters from "CSI: New York" will be introduced in an episode of "CSI: Miami" in May that will see Lt. Horatio Caine (David Caruso) go to New York as part of a murder investigation. That will bring Caruso back on the New York crime scene 10 years after he emerged in the spotlight as the star of ABC's "NYPD Blue."

"I think for the viewing public to have an amazing actor like David Caruso to step foot back on New York soil, knowing the ties he had with his previous show, is tremendously exciting," said "CSI" creator Anthony Zuiker, who will make his debut as showrunner on the new series.

Sinise won an Emmy for the 1997 telefilm "George Wallace" and earned an Oscar nomination for 1994's "Forrest Gump."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Yay, now I might watch, even if I can't stand the leading lady (who I saw last night on the Sopranos).

First James Spader on The Practice, and now Gary Sinise on CSI...my cup runneth over.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Jay
    John, who will be the lead actress that you are referring to?

I will watch this version of CSI. I don't watch CSI:Miami because I can't stand David "watch me lean over and whisper" Caruso. Ugh!

Vanessa Ferlito, as announced here:

Vanessa Ferlito lands lead role in "CSI: New York"

She was on '24' most recently.

According to Law and Order CSI is called CSU in New York - that's just me being anal.

I will be watching for sure! I love Gary Sinise aI love the whole premise of the show. One question....... um wouldn't it be smarter for the Las Vegas cast to introduce the New York cast rather than the Miami cast? CIS-LV has higher viewership than Miami and perhaps those who tuned Miami out might be inclined to watch if they see the NY cast on LV?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

That intro will never happen if Peterson has any say in it. He doesn't like the spinoffs in the first place
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Daggone it! I don't need to start watching another show. My tv schedule is already ridiculous. Now I *have* to watch. I adore Sinise.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Yay!

Gary is one of my favorite actors!

I'm with you, SG, my calendar of TV shows is already too full!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

FORT Newbie

The Sinise's are friends of my family..I've never met

Gary, but I know his brother (had a huge crush on him a long time ago) and his Mom and Dad. Good for him, its about time. Gary ....say hi to you family from the Sirrell's..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast