+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Deadwood (HBO)

anyone watch last nights episode. What is Tricky's problem??

Who is tricky??

I watched Sunday's ep. Kind of a dull episode, IMO. However, I DID wince and use the finger filters when the Doc was helping Swearingin out. Man, that would suck!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by AndoraStar
    anyone watch last nights episode. What is Tricky's problem??
    My take:
    I think Trixie is kind of torn--she has a love/hate relationship with Al and also kind of has some affection blooming for Sol. When he told her he would teach her bookkeeping, but only if she didn't talk like that (when she offered to pay him in c**t), it offended her--that's all she feels that she has to offer, and he's seeming to judge her for it. Yet she likes him. And she also, in spite of all she's been through, loves Al too (I think seeing him sick like that and in pain bothered her a lot). So both are bothering her yet she has feelings for both--and so is getting drunker than usual and yelling about it!

Deadwood

I just discovered this show (a little late) and it has almost instantly become one of my all-time favorite shows. Amazing writing, acting, characters.

I love the way that Swearingen is such an evil man, yet has this soft heart for Jewel and his little toadies.

On a similar note, I love the way Bullock is supposed to big hero, but has his own demons.

And--did anyone notice that the show is written in iambic pentameter? When I noticed that, I then saw how even the characters and situations are Shakespearean as well.

Great show!! I'd love to read other people's thoughts.

I'm still waiting (impatiently) for this show to come on Canadian television. We're so behind....only 2nd season of Six Feet Under and 1st of The L Word...maybe I should just splurge and get American cable. Anyway, Deadwood seems like a show I could definitely sink my teeth into. Can't wait!

That Wolcott guy is just plain evil!!!

I have no friends watching this show--none of them will sit through the language or the violence. I keep trying to convince them that the writing is more intelligent than anything that's been on TV in years--it's accesible to all, but totally worth it and meaningful to those who pay attention. (and these are all high school English teachers; I still can't get them to watch it! Ugh!)

FORT Regular
    Soooo the Widow Garret and Swerengin are going to partner up..... I love how they keep bringing these characters together.

Looks like Bullock is going to go after Wolcott.....and Mrs. Bullock gets her say to the Widow :nono :nono
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

Can someone explain to me what was in that square box Swearingen was talking to & calling Chief? He used it as a ruse to go to Charlie Utter's to try and find out why Utter beat the crap out of Wolcott.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Can someone explain to me what was in that square box Swearingen was talking to & calling Chief? He used it as a ruse to go to Charlie Utter's to try and find out why Utter beat the crap out of Wolcott.
    If you watched the beginning "previously on Deadwood" clips, in the first episode or so last season, Swearengen had offered a bounty on Indian heads. One of his lackeys brought him a head and I think that's what's in the box.

I hope I am not the only one still watching this show. It has gotten more interesting. Mrs. Bullock telling Seth to stay out of her bed was astounding, especially they way he just stood there and "took" it.
    Al talking to the chief's head - um, okay
    Wolcott killing those women and Joni waiting for him to kill her.
    Jane living in a perpetual drunk state
    This show has me hook-line-and sinker. I wish it was on more often!

+ Reply to Thread