+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Deadwood (HBO)

I know a lot of people can't get past the language & how crude they are. My mother in law's boyfriend hates it, but that's what makes this series so REAL. I mean that's how they were, nobody told these outlaws to watch their tongue, and if they did, none of them would care. I generally don't swear and I don't like swearing that much but when I see that it's needed in a movie or a series to make the scenery and atmosphere more authentic, like in this case, I really don't mind it at all As far as I'm concerned it just adds to the overall great atmosphere they've created in this movie. I'm just really tee'd off that they killed off Wild Bill so early, I thought he was a great character but what could they do ... =/ I also hope Jane will be back, she was an awesome character.

I too hope they're all telling us a big ole fib about Six Feet being in last season, but then again they may start to run out of original ideas to drive the plot forward =/ One thing that would be worse than Six Feet Under ending, would be Six Feet Under losing their innovative story lines and intriguing characters and going into a "lull" as many series tend to do after awhile. Although sad to see it end, I'd rather have it ending on a great season rather than having them putting out a "so-so" season
    Six Feet is the BEST though and I hope they can get their creative juices flowing for another few seasons
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

*off thread* I think Six Feet Under hit that lull last season. Just my opinion *end off thread*

I must jump into the Deadwood love-in....especially regarding the acting. I think Swearingin (Ian McShane) is doing a wonderful job...and kudos to the writers too. They WRITE good stuff, and these great actors do an exceptional job at expressing that great writing. I love how they give these charcters soliloquy's, and the actors just NAIL them. I think it was the second to last ep last season where Swearingin was receiving "favors" and was very drunk in the bathtub maybe(?) and was just going on and on to himself...it was brilliant.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

And season two starts with a bang

I don't recall seeing that much tension between characters in one hour of tv in ages!

Good season premiere!
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Dammit! I haven't watched it yet. But it's recorded!! I have to watch it tonight. It sounds great!

Great start on the new season. Love all the new tension they brought into the game, it sure made me balance on the tip of the couch a few times, especially during the fight I knew Jane would be back.... just can't move on without her

Looking forward to the new season for sure!

My bf got me hooked on this show this past weekend, no lie... I watched all of season one in two days, right up to the premire of Season 2!!
    I love it!! Great show, great characters, great writing.. Welcome back Jane.. loved the introduction

My husband and I LOVE this show! The characters are so well drawn, the writing is wonderful, and the colorful dialogue is sometimes falling down funny (especially what comes out of Swearengen's super potty mouth). The love affair between Bullock and the widow is hot and sweet, and with the arrival of his "wife", this could get very complicated. Jane is one of my favorite characters on TV - glad she's back, we missed her toward the end of last season. With Deadwood back and Carnivale winding up, the next few Sundays will be great viewing.

YES!!! I finally watched this weeks epi. In HDTV, no less. It looks outstanding!! What a great start to a new season! And next week's part II looks tense and violent and full of the colorful dialogue that Deadwood is known for

I don't think the arrival of Mrs. Bullock complicates things very much. The widow Garrett was questioning why he never said anything to her, but his caring for the widow Bullock and her son is more an honoring of his brother than anything, right? He just never said anything because she isn't *really* his wife.

Anyway, I am looking forward to more Deadwood!

It seems like Bullock's wife already knows what's going on... we'll see...they could throw in all kinds of complications, but I do hope that Mr. Bullock and the widow Garrett will be able to continue their romance, I think they fit together very well (I'm sure it won't be so easy, there's gotta be some wrenches thrown into the machines at some point)

I'm SO addicted to this show, it's not even funny. Thank GOD for HBO On Demand--- last weekend, I had a Deadwood season 1 veiwing marathon to gear me up for season 2. The one good thing my ex-fiance ever did for me was introducing me to this awesome show! And did anyone else stand up and cheer when Ian McShane won the Golden Globe? He was ROBBED by the academy for not getting an Emmy nomination last year, they'd best make up for that this year! I hope Swearengen (swear-engine....so aptly named!) gets over those kidney stones quickly.... We need the bad-ass back in full form!

+ Reply to Thread