+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Deadwood (HBO)

FORT Newbie
    yes, sorry if i was unclear...that's what i meant! Didn't mean to alarm any of the Deadwood fans. Works out well, we have a good show to fill the spot during the summer and then Deadwood will pick back up

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Entourage discussion should be in another thread, but by "taking its place", I assume you mean running in the off-season in the same timeslot, right? Because Deadwood is definitely coming back for a second season.

Have you by any chance seen the return date for this one yet. It took my hubby and I just 2 shows and we were hooked (potty mouth and all lol). Someone mentioned reading that Wyatt Earp was in Deadwood (per history) around the same time and thought that maybe they would bring his character in next season.
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

I haven't seen a date for it, but I'd guess next Spring.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Gotta love Deadwood! I'm in the process of watching the entire season over again on HBO-SG. It's up the second or third episode right now. I'm still picking up things that I missed! The writing and the character development are wonderful! I'm not really a fan of westerns, but I am hopelessly hooked. At first the language shocked me, but it seems right in place now. Keith Carradine did a fantastic job of playing Wild Bill Hickock. When he was killed, I almost had to call off sick from work! I only hope they bring Jane back. She added so much to the cast.....and boyOboy, did she have a crush on Wild Bill!! Did anyone get as many laughs out of this show as I have?? I Love the Writers!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bookaddict
    Have you by any chance seen the return date for this one yet?
    It's gonna be in March; they're showing previews on the reruns right now--it's actually sound bites over a generic western-type scene. You can recognize Jane's voice in the VO; I was pleased that she's coming back.

I know that there were a couple of female madames in the Deadwood Heyday, including one very well-known one. Makes me wonder if either Trixie or Joanie (or both) will be basically those historical figures in this season. I love the mix of fiction and history that makes up the show, and am always looking for the parts based on real people or events.

March seems so long away; I can't wait for the new season to start!!!

March 6th

3/6, as a matter of fact; just saw the newsletter. I can't wait!

See, we can combine our loves...and feed Jonathan and Victoria to Mr. Wu's pigs. Think how satisfying that would be!

Yeah!!! I can't wait for Deadwood to start up again either!!! I just recently finished watching the first season(I had the last 3 episodes recorded), and it's going to be a lot of fun next season!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I'm also watching season 1 right now, I'm totally hooked on Deadwood, what a great series & a great cast. Can't wait to see what season 2 is gonna bring.

(Shay, happy to see some of the Carnivale crew in here as well )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Can't wait for Deadwood to start over again. It's the main reason I didn't cancel HBO after the free 3 month trial last spring. I hope they have more episodes with Geri Jewell ( Jewel, the cleaning woman at the saloon with cerebral palsy ). I didn't recognise her at first. She looks really different from when she was on Facts of Life. It's pretty obvious they didn't know what CP was all about back then. Her character is great and really has a quick wit.
    Last edited by Swingsongbird; 02-25-2005 at 08:37 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I am telling you, Tig, great minds think alike, don't they?? This is another one of those 'must-do' shows. Some people can't get past the language, though. Getting past it is worth it for the story and the acting!!!

Swing, I thought Geri looked exactly like herself. We've not seen her in so long, that I had to work a moment to remember just who she was. I was glad to see her with a significant role. She has a lot of talent to offer. We Want You Back, Geri!!!!! I've always loved a person who can laugh at themselves. Some of my best chuckles (complete with tears) have been at my own expense!!

Now, all I need is a start date for 'Six Feet Under', and a promise that this is not the last season, and I'll be in hog heaven!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread