+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Wonderfalls

Just to keep you all updated.. the 2 episodes that have aired are the primier - the coin in the fountain and the Karmachamelion - the one where the reporter tries to take on Jayne's identity.
    As new shows are aired I'd be happy to give you a run down of them.

Jay
    Yes, please, Duxxy. I miss this show.

Jay can't you get it in Montreal??

Jay
    I'm one of the last viewers in the Western hemisphere to not have cable or satellite TV.

ahhh ok - so you could only get it when it was on global .. omg you're lucky you get the shows that you do get .. basic tv stinks to high heaven! If I didn't have cable I'd have 3 channels and CFBR *shiver*

Jay
    DVD link

Finally, news of the DVD release date (Feb 1).

Wonderfalls - DVD Set Announced
    Posted by Gord Lacey
    10/28/2004

From the producer of Angel and Firefly comes Wonderfalls with 9 never aired episodes. Although a recent graduate of Brown University, Jaye Tyler decides to ignore her degree, live in a trailer and work at a tourist gift shop in Niagara Falls called Wonderfalls--much to the despair of her well-to-do family. But Jaye's aimless life takes a startling turn after a lion figurine begins talking to her. Her family calls it an "episode," but Jaye knows better. Fearing for her sanity, Jaye nevertheless starts doing exactly what an increasing number of inanimate objects tell her to do and is amazed when her outrageous actions begin changing people's lives in unexpected ways.
    Fox's failed series from 2003 hits DVD on February 1st in a three disc set containing all 13 episodes of the series, including 9 where weren't aired in the initial broadcast run.
    Disc 1: Wax Lion, Pink Flamingos, Karma Chameleon and Wound-up Penguin
    Disc 2: Crime Dog, Muffin Buffalo, Barrel Bear and Lovesick Ass
    Disc 3: Safety Canary, Lying Pig, Cocktail Bunny, Totem Mole and Caged Bird
    Though viewers only caught 4 episodes during the broadcast run the show gained a cult following that has been looking forward to the release of the DVDs since the show was cancelled. The set will be released with English 5.1 audio, a full frame (1.33:1) picture, and English and Spanish subtitles. Expect this 566 min set to sell for suggested prices of $39.98 US and $54.98 CAN.

Special features include:
    Wax Lion Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
    Crime Dog Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
    Lovesick Ass Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
    Safety Canary Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
    Cocktail Bunny Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
    Caged Bird, Caged Bird Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
    Greetings from Wonderfalls (23:16)
    Fantastic Visual Effects (2:58)
    Music Video (5:00)

last week's show was one we've already seen - Jayne's dad's foot being run over by the car. This coming monday will start with all new episodes!

I think that Wonderfalls DVD's would make a great Valentine's day gift!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm taping all the episodes and after they air all 13, I'll sit down on a Saturday and have myself a marathon.

In case anyone's interested, the episodes are all named after animals:

1. Wax Lion
    2. Karma Chameleon
    3. Wound-Up Penguin
    4. Pink Flamingos
    5. Crime Dog
    6. Barrel Bear
    7. Muffin Buffalo
    8. Lovesick Ass
    9. Safety Canary
    10. Lying Pig
    11. Cocktail Bunny
    12. Totem Mole
    13. Caged Bird
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fan
    I can't believe that I was just thinking about "Wonderfalls" today and find this thread tonight!
    Alas, I am in Maine but I am not far enough North to get your Canadian stations.
    Can't wait for the DVD set!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I'm taping all the episodes and after they air all 13, I'll sit down on a Saturday and have myself a marathon.

In case anyone's interested, the episodes are all named after animals:

1. Wax Lion
    2. Karma Chameleon
    3. Wound-Up Penguin
    4. Pink Flamingos
    5. Crime Dog
    6. Barrel Bear
    7. Muffin Buffalo
    8. Lovesick Ass
    9. Safety Canary
    10. Lying Pig
    11. Cocktail Bunny
    12. Totem Mole
    13. Caged Bird
    They just showed Muffin Buffalo on Vision. On the dvd listing, posted earlier, Muffin Buffalo and Barrel Bear are trannsposed (ie Muffin Buffalo comes after Barrel Bear whereas Vision showed them the other way around). The dvd order makes more sense because in Barrel Bear Jaye and Eric decide to start dating but when they showed the next episode on tv (Muffin Buffalo) Jaye and Eric were still just friends, with no mention of the fact they were kissing last episode. Which utterly confused me. So thanks for posting the dvd order list, Jay, because now I understand what's going on. I'm really loving the fact that Wonderfalls is on Vision every week and looking forward to the dvd coming out as well. Maybe you could tell by my current avatar?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread