+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life with Bonnie - ABC new comedy

Life with Bonnie - ABC new comedy

From the official site:

Next Episode: Tuesday, September 17, 8:30/7:30c
    "Pilot"

At home, Gloria (Marianne Muellerleile), who is a houseguest more than a housekeeper, helps Bonnie (Bonnie Hunt) and her husband, Mark (Mark Derwin), a hard-working family practice doctor, get their three young children Samantha (Samantha Browne-Walters), Charlie (Charlie Stewart) and infant Connor ready for the day.

At work on the set of "Morning Chicago," Bonnie, surrounded by her producer David Bellows (David Alan Grier), makeup artist Holly (Holly Wortell), cue card guy Marv (Chris Barnes) and sidekick piano player Tony Russo (Anthony Russell), interviews a guest author and trades quips and tips with two authentic Italian chefs during an improvised cooking segment.

I watched it and although it had some reasonably funny moments it was a little manic for me.
    I like Bonnie Hunt though so I'll stick with it for a while, unless ABC cancels.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think Bonnie was the ONLY good part of this show. The kids are bad actors (and homely as heck), the housekeeper isn't funny at ALL, and she has no chemistry at all with her husband.

Keep her on the set of her TV show, and stay away from the home life. That was hilarious with the cooking segment.

"This wine is so strong, you guys are starting to get better looking!"

John

See, we changed the channel before the cooking segment on the "show".
    I like Bonnie too, but since I hadn't laughed up until that point I changed it!

**Where do I get the nerve to complain that networks won't give shows a fair shot, when I change the channel so quickly, Tsk, Tsk **
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, alter your sig line, use url instead of link.

But yeah, if you change your channel, chances are there are thousands out there doing the same thing.

Over a year since the last post here. Since the last season they have replaced the daughter with a friend of Charlie's, the son, who comes by everyday....and even spent Christmas with them.

I find this show funny as anything, and should be given more credit. Bonnie is hilarious and this show has amazing writers

+ Reply to Thread