+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vanessa Ferlito lands lead role in "CSI: New York"

Vanessa Ferlito lands lead role in "CSI: New York"

Ferlito on 'CSI: New York' Case

Tue Mar 9, 2004 06:29 AM ET
    By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - In the latest round of pilot castings, "24" co-star Vanessa Ferlito has landed a lead role in the CBS series "CSI: New York," for which Gary Sinise is in talks to head the cast.

Ferlito, who next appears in "Spider-Man 2," will play a member of the show's forensic team. "CSI: New York" is the third installment of the hit "CSI" franchise. CBS intends to introduce the main characters in this season's second-to-last episode of "CSI: Miami," to air in May.

Meanwhile, Tom Everett Scott has been tapped as the lead in ABC's untitled comedy about a man (Scott) and his estranged father who reconnect when they become dads at the same time. Nicole Sullivan ("The King of Queens") has been cast as his wife.

Madchen Amick has nabbed the female lead opposite John Stamos in another untitled ABC comedy, about a couple on a daylong date that is chronicled over an entire season.

"Peter Pan" star Jeremy Sumpter has landed the lead in CBS' drama pilot "Clubhouse," a coming-of-age drama about a Yankees batboy.

Newcomer Philip Winchester has been cast as the lead in an untitled WB Network comedy, based on "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett's experience as a British military commando-turned-Beverly Hills nanny.

Kathryn Hahn and Brian Stokes Mitchell have joined Jeff Goldblum in NBC's comedy "My 11:30," which centers on a playboy New York businessman and his no-nonsense shrink. Hahn (NBC's "Crossing Jordan") will play Goldblum's neighbor, while Mitchell will play his business partner.

And Cynthia Watros will play Louis C.K.'s wife in CBS' comedy "Saint Louie," which centers on a New York couple raising their 2-year-old.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    A picture of her from something else:

Oh crap, I know her! She was Claudia in this season of 24!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo !

I can't stand her nose, and her super-collagenned lips!

It's Lipgirl! I thought they killed her! You can't be on another show if you die in one on a different network, can you?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Why does it have to be a man heading the CSI unit? Where are the women?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm going to tune in for "CSI: New York."

Gee, they have (almost) the quirky non-traditionally handsome lead male, the ethnic (Hispanic) sexpot female.. now they need a coroner with some unusual trait (a handicap or perverse attraction to dead bodies are both acceptable, but if we're going to be in NY, let's go ahead and cast a super tough babe with a big chip on her shoulder and a brain full of one-liners a la Lenny Briscoe), a rugged hunky male and an ethnic super-intelligent male that's the secret hottie of the show.

Then, just round it out with a cast of oddball (but hot and stylish) lab rats, a respected veteran-type cop along with a younger, sexy cop (male or female is okay, but since this is NY, we'll go for the stud factor and cast a Latino with a heart of gold even though he's got a rough romantic past) and a poorly lit, sleek, modern and sterile lab with amazing technology not yet invented...and we've got a show!

Can you tell that CSI:Miami jaded me just a tad?

Bwaaaaaahahahaha!! Good call PP. Generic and yet, right on the money.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Oh boy, I just saw Ferlito on a rerun of Law & Order. She's going to be the definite deal-killer for me, no way can I stand to watch her contorting her lips and looking up at everyone through her eyelashes. She's as affected as Caruso with his hands-on-hips posing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Why does it have to be a man heading the CSI unit? Where are the women?
    I heard on ET tonight that Melina Kanakaredes (sp?) from "Providence" has also signed on.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread