+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8 Simple Rules.... on ABC new comedy

8 Simple Rules.... on ABC new comedy

From the official site:

Next Episode: "Pilot"
    Tuesday, Septermber 17, 8/7c

Paul Hennessy, a loving and rational dad, suddenly discovers after agreeing to share the duties of raising the kids when his wife Cate returns to work that his two darling daughters have morphed into hormonally-charged, incomprehensible teenagers.

In the premiere episode, Cate goes back to work and Paul has to contend with Bridget dating his co-worker Tommy's son, Kyle whose roving eyes threaten to break his daughter's heart. Meanwhile, Paul and Cate are shocked when honor student Kerry is suspended for ditching school.

I really wanted to see this, but it was opposite That 70's Show's premiere. Did anyone catch it?

We watched it here.
    I think it could be good. The teen girls are a bit snotty, maybe slutty (at least the one), but in the end they still love dad!
    I don't like judging shows on one episode, especially the premeir as I think it is hard to get the cheracters "known" in half an hour.
    I will watch it again, probably.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

i fail to possess the gene that gives one the ability to properly set the vcr in order to record shows they would like to watch.

i had a user-error when programming my vcr last night and only managed to tape "push, nevada" on ABC.

OK, I've seen it twice now. Lasts night's episode was really not good in my opinion. Too mannic. I think I laughed once, but when I'm watching a 'comedy' I expect a bit more than that!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I saw it last night (on tape). didn't much care for it. As mentioned above, the kids are kind of snotty.

I can't look at the mom and not see a welfare queen (ALA Married with children)

And John ritter has seemed to have lost his comic touch over the years. Everything he did or said was predictable.

you know, i really like john ritter, but... as i watched this show last night, all i could think was, "if i talked to my parents the way these kids talk to their parents, i'd get slapped across the face." i don't like that the kids run the house and the parents are just there to pay the bills and listen to their smack. that bugged the bujeebus outta me.

think i'm going to give that in laws show a chance. parts i caught made me

I wouldn't talk to my parents the way these talk to their's now let alone when I was their age.

Seems very disrespectful and not particularly amusing to me.

I could go on a huge rant about the poor parenting skills I see every day, but I'll spare you all
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread