+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Apple 'CSI' Tempting Sinise

Big Apple 'CSI' Tempting Sinise

Big Apple 'CSI' Tempting Sinise

1 hour, 14 minutes ago
    By Cynthia Littleton

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Gary Sinise is being courted for the lead role in a new incarnation of "CSI" that CBS is planning for next season.

Sources said the network has had on-again, off-again talks with Sinise during the past few weeks. The prospect of the Emmy-winning actor signing on to star in "CSI: New York" seemed dim a week ago, but the discussions picked up again Thursday and Friday, sources said.

CBS needs to nail down the casting for the show soon because it intends to introduce the "CSI: New York" main characters in this season's second-to-last episode of "CSI: Miami," to air in May. Reps for CBS and Sinise, an Emmy winner for the 1997 TV movie "George Wallace" and an Oscar nominee for 1994's "Forrest Gump," declined comment.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Oh no I love Gary Sinise's acting, but hate the idea of another spin-off.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I've gotta say, I promised I wouldn't be watching another CSI spinoff, but if they manage to land Gary, I may have to backtrack on that.

He'd be great in it, of course, but I feel bad for gary sinise reading this. After Forrest Gump and Apollo 13, he was one of the actors I've been following--waiting for him to find just the right part to get his Oscar. If he signs on for this--well, it's great work and all, but I sort of think he's giving up his movie career.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I've gotta say, I promised I wouldn't be watching another CSI spinoff, but if they manage to land Gary, I may have to backtrack on that.
    My thoughts exactly

overthetop - I don't think that he would have to give up his movie career. The great thing about doing a series is you have plenty of time off to persue other avenues.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Arrgh...I'm so against another spinoff, but Sinise is on par or better an actor than Petersen. Maybe they should cancel CSI Miami

ok, what info can you find about Peterson leaving the show? I heard a fast blurb on the news this morning when they were talking about Sinese being courted for the new show. If Peterson is leaving, then replace him with Sinese and forget about the NY show.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

A quick google search turned up some info for you, Ilikai. Apparently in response to the Playboy interview in which Billy hinted that the current season would be his last, CBS presented TVGuide with evidence that Petersen's contractually obligated to play Grissom until 2007.

I've heard Petersen's got a quirky sense of humor, so maybe his quip to Playboy was in jest

Quote Originally Posted by John

I don't know if it's the totally inferior David Caruso or the fact that the spinoff just isnt as good as the original, I will have to give Gary Sinise a chance for sure though!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread