+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: The Sopranos

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    Also, Carmela doesn't help cover up murders.
    So Carmella thinks Tony is really in the "Waste Management" business?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    So Carmella thinks Tony is really in the "Waste Management" business?
    Carm knows what Tony does, but she doesn't partake in any of it herself.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    Carm knows what Tony does, but she doesn't partake in any of it herself.
    Hate to tell you this but yes she does, in a sense...she spends the money that he earns by what he does...she's spending bloody money (if that makes sense). She lives off of it and knows that Tony is doing more than "waste management". I would be surprised if she thought he was truly in "waste management".

What superfly is saying, and some people here don't seem to get, is that there's a difference between Carmella (who doesn't actually take part in mafia activities physically herself), and Adrianna (who actually works at a mob-run bar, and helps dispose of bodies and does other clean-up where necessary). Active participation and passive benefit-reaping are two different things. Carm knows exactly what Tony does, as I'm sure any mob wife would, especially a family boss. But she's just a wife, she's not a "worker".

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar

Sopranos Final Season slated for 'sometime' 2006

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-184980c.html

'Sopranos' bumped to '06

By JAMES ENDRST
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

LOS ANGELES - It's gonna kill 'em to hear it, but fans of HBO's mob drama "The Sopranos" will have to wait until 2006 before they see the final episodes of the series.
    And exactly when in 2006 is unclear, according to HBO Chairman and CEO Chris Albrecht.

That's the bad news.

The good news?

HBO officials are talking to show executive producer David Chase to perhaps produce 13 episodes, rather than the previously announced 10, in the final season.

For now, though, Albrecht isn't losing any sleep over the long wait for fresh "Sopranos" episodes.

"It's like the Harry Potter book," he told TV writers at the Television Critics Association yesterday. "You'll wait for the sequel and be very happy to get it."

He's not much concerned about the risks of another network, perhaps Showtime, coming up with its own "Sopranos," either.

"I think it will be well worth waiting for," he said.

"Look, this past season was going to be the last season," Albrecht said, referring to his discussions with Chase. "We said it doesn't have to be unless you think that it is. And he got into it and arrived at the place himself where he said, 'You know what? I have found that there's more stuff to tell here. There's more things I can say about these people and these situations.'"

Chase and HBO then agreed on 10 episodes in the final season.

"But I have said to David, 'Especially if you're making the audience wait a while it would be great to do as many as you thought you could do with the same quality that everyone has come to expect of you,'" Albrecht said. "And no one holds a higher standard for the show than David does.

"So we've talked to him about it," Albrecht added. "He hasn't said no. And with David, that's always a very good sign."

Meanwhile, the HBO exec also praised the cable network's new comedy series "Entourage," which after last Sunday's debut and less-than-stellar ratings, has already been picked up for a second season.

Originally published on July 23, 2004

(this mentions the new HBO series 'entourage' - anyone watching that?)
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

i read that too, i'm so pissed. :phhht

FORT Fan
    Anybody know if anything has changed on this? 2006? Come on! What is wrong with them? I heard also that it is only 8 episodes, but I really don't know if there is any truth to that or not.

Sopranos

does any one watch besides me ?

I've only seen whats out on dvd so i haven't seen season five yet... what about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by december12
    Anybody know if anything has changed on this? 2006? Come on! What is wrong with them? I heard also that it is only 8 episodes, but I really don't know if there is any truth to that or not.

only eight geesh the last season should't have only eight episodes

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by december12

As far as I know, nothing has changed. Drea de Matteo was on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning and said that the final season will air in 2006. It will be 10 episodes. And anything is possible.....anyone who was killed off the show MAY be back for an appearance
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread