+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hospital

Ugh I hate it. I think it's trying so hard to be weird. It doesn't make sense, I don't think they want it to make sense and that annoys me. It is not scary, just purposefully weird and boring.

Just the previews made me NOT watch. Stephen King always starts out with a great story ...but his endings are terrible ...it's like he does not know how to end a story well. I always get mad when I get sucked into watching something he wrote ..and at the end I feel cheated.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

TCW
    King stories are character studies of people placed in situations or "worlds" close to the readers, but different.

The zipper really was just showing how different characters reacted to that as well as to show a normalty to the character.

It's a mini-series that is longer than normal and broken into 13 episodes. So it's not a Series, but it's longer than your typical mini-series.

I don't think it's being weird on purpose. I look at it as a story just set in an environment where what I would consider weird, is normal.

I'll keep watching.. it's a nice change of pace.

If anyone else is watching this show (which, by the way, I really like), can you please explain the whole "pinky-finger-up-while-blowing-on-the-thumb" thing that they do? I've been watching since the first episode, but I must have blinked when they explained that one. I'm kinda assuming it has something to do with the whole morning air (or whatever it's called) campaign, but I could be wrong.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I've been watching the show pretty carefully, and i don't think they have explained it yet. I think it is simply meant to represent an insider greeting/hand shake type of thing. A goofy wave at each other, that will probably take on some significance later on.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Thanks, MHayes62. That's kinda what I was thinking, but thought maybe I had missed something!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

TCW
    This last episode explained it. I can't remember the name of the club, but apparently the club can help members with various problems...i.e. a nerosurgon that butchers a brain surgery.

hmmm. I must have dosed off during that explanation. Thanks TCW! That explains why Dr. Stegman uses it. But i wonder why Hook gave the sign to Dr. Jesse James. As a joke i guess.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

If you haven't checked it out yet, the web site for the show is kind of cool. you have to browse around in it for a while to experience the whole thing.
    http://www.kingdomhospitalofmaine.com

Stephen King's "Kingdom Hospital"

I kind of lost track of this show and was wondering if anyone saw (and could then recap) the mini-series ending, or perhaps it was pulled from the line-up, with no final episode shown??

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast