+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Without a Trace - Wannabe (aired 2/19/04)

Without a Trace - Wannabe (aired 2/19/04)

A 12 year old boy (Jake Thomas) goes missing. The team discovers that the boy had a rough 24 hours leading up to his disappearance. He disappeared in the middle of the school day, the only clues a broken miror, a discarded hall pass, and blood on the wall....until a picture of him is sent around the school.
    It's not often that a TV show moves me to tears, but this one did. I guess it did because my son suffers from depression and has twice tried to commit suicide. I found it's portrayal of depression in pre-teens/teens, school bullying, and the trying to fit in syndrome to be very in sync with what we've been through.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    This episode really got to me. We have close friends who lost their son to suicide, after they tried everything possible to help.

I also think what bothered me so much was the fact that the GIRLS were so MEAN. You often hear of male bullies, but more and more you hear that girls are just as mean spirited and cruel. The last scene when the agents came rushing to the backyard to save the boy was so moving. And sad.

AI Junky - I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with your son. Depression is a disease like any other and it's so sad when it can't be helped.

That's true. It showed that girls can be just as cruel as boys when it comes to bullying. The last scenes where they were trying to find the boy just about tore my heart out. My son was hospitalized last year and has been in therapy since then. He seems to be doing much better now, but I still worry (I guess that's a mother's job).

The quality of this show continues to amaze me week on week.
    It just gets better.
    This episode was heartbreaking to watch.

I wish your family well AIJunky.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks, fluff.

This is one of my favorite shows I have talked alot of my friends into watching this after Survivor/ Amazing Race. I always get the same response- "Damn,you got us hooked!"
    Carey

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    This week was very interesting, with the girl who found herself on the internet.

Do you think Jack will actually move to Chicago?

I haven't watched this from the beginning (although I wish I did!). Did Jack and Samantha actually hook up on the show or was that just implied when the show started? I know they brought it up on last Thursday's show, since she's so sad he's leaving.

This is an excellent, well-acted, well-written show. Love it!

+ Reply to Thread